Consumer Labs - ask away

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Consumer Labs - ask away

Post by Stavia »

Hey team, today I paid for a consumer labs subscription for a year.
My reasons were that I am planning to sloooowly start to supplement with the basics on top of my D3 - folate b12 b6, cocoa powder and omega 3s. I have already learned so much and I have only glanced through the cocoa and omegas so far. Gonna be doing even more online shopping. My staff laugh when yet another parcel arrives (but today was red high heeled patent leather shoes that my girlfriend Ilana made me buy. 'Aint in kansas anymore but as much as I click my heels I remain still so so far away from all of you.)

Anyway, ask away if you want to check your favourite brand or what cocoa is contaminated with cadmium and lead (yes Navitas, Trader Joes, Hershey and Nestle I'm looking at you and your letters of protest and bluster about how cadmium is safe don't impress me) or whatever you wanna know.
pgf54
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Consumer Labs - ask away

Post by pgf54 »

Well i am also increasing my supplements and by the time I get my head around all the different chemical presentations the same substance can be manufactured in, which is best and why and then which is best for E4's then even as daunting is what brand is reputable.
Its been a steep learning curve from Supermarket brands to decent brands via this forum for me. I have also had issues with suppliers but am now importing from a well known company in Us.....Not sure if its ok to say on here? ...... So i would love to know the better brands of most of what is on Dr Bredesens list.
I have been looking at Thorne and Jarrow and similar but any advice greatly appreciated. Also i purchased a Himalayan brand bacopa which i worry about, as i have read some vitamins /minerals produced in India have been found to contain lead.........
Don't wait for your ship to come in, row out to meet it.
Ski
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Consumer Labs - ask away

Post by Ski »

I use Swanson Vitamins exclusively. Not entirely sure how pure they are but came recommended and their prices and shipping are really good.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Paul - message me your list and I'll look it up.
I use iherb to get stuff over to me