EBT Calcium Scan

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: EBT Calcium Scan

Post by Julie G »

Has anyone seen this recent press release? Results of a new study supposedly show that SOFT plaque may be less of a threat than previously thought. I can't identify the paper. It's from a group identified as "Intermountain Healthcare."
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

aha didn't know that George. Very interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Juliegee wrote:Has anyone seen this recent press release? Results of a new study supposedly show that SOFT plaque may be less of a threat than previously thought. I can't identify the paper. It's from a group identified as "Intermountain Healthcare."
They are in Salt Lake City UT. They've done a lot of afib research. From what I've observed in that space, quite credible.
Tincup
E3,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

If someone has always had good levels of LDL, can they still have an elevated calcium score?

Also, does the issue of calcium supplements having an adverse effect on cardiovascular health relate to this? I heard there was some new information that calcium supplements aren't as harmful as was thought (?), but I have nothing on that.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.