my uncle is being helped and showing progress..

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Schnooks
Contributor
Contributor

my uncle is being helped and showing progress..

Post by Schnooks »

just received this note from my cousin.. thought I'd share what they are trying with her dad..

Has anyone seen the youtube before?

"We've been using these supplements and dietary changes for my dad for a month. He's improved! He's back to asking about me when I'm not there, by name. My mom says he's been a lot easier to deal with. He calls me "Hun," when he sees me and recognizes me right away. When he asked my mom about me the other day, she questioned him to make sure she heard right. He repeated, "Shannon," and kind of was like acting like what was her issue she didn't know. He's not taking the same prescription the man talks about here, and of course is in the later stages, but there's hope! We tried these things because they made sense, but they really do appear to be helping! I imagine a person would have to stay on this all the time for it to work. But I think I'm going to try the supplements and diet part, along with the basic Mediterranean diet, for myself. My dad takes some of the spices in supplement form, rather than just on food. So many things out there that are supposed to help, like we tried just the coconut oil alone and didn't notice a difference, plus it's not so good for people with Barrett's esophagus/acid reflux to have too much of. But this plan this man talks about, even with a different prescription, is making a noticeable difference and making things easier on my mom. It's not like he's back to normal, but it's taken the edge off and made him seem happier and more interested in things, as well as remembering better. It's only been a month, so we'll see how it goes along. It does seem like it has an immediate effect and will have to be adhered to daily to keep the effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZEPvutzi2w
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: my uncle is being helped and showing progress..

Post by Starfish77 »

What wonderful news about your uncle. I watched the video you suggested. I'm going to look up the drug mentioned.
Thank you for sharing the news about the treatment he is using.
Harrison
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Harrison »

To save the trouble of watching the video, here is the regimen from the video/blog post (http://onlyhalfabrain.blogspot.com/2012 ... rsxxx.html). It is interesting to note the overlap with some of what is reported in the Dr. Bredesen's MUSES Lab protocol from their (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4221920/)

Razadyne (Galantamine) - prescription acetylcholinesterase inhibitor with some additional properties)

Tumeric 450mg capsules (2-3 capsules/day) (MUSES Patient 1 took 400 mg of tumeric/day)
1000 mg Omega-3/DHA (MUSES patients took 320-700 mg DHA and 180-500 mg EPA per day; one took fish oil)
1000 mg Vitamin D3 (2 capsules/day) (MUSES patients took the exact same amount)
Vitamin B12 (MUSES patients took 1 mg methylcobalamin, a different form of Vitamine B12)
Multi-vitamin without iron

Flax seed meal on breakfast cereal
Chicken livers / gizzards / giblets 2-3x weekl
Curried foods (with TUMS :)
cold water fish - wild salmon, cod, tuna fish

What is missing from the video that is in the MUSES protocol:
0.5 mg melatonin
200-500 mg citicoline
200 mg CoQ10
20 mg pyridoxine-5-phosphate (a form of vitamin B6)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

That's terrific, Schnooks!

Like Harrison, I couldn't help but note the overlap with parts of Dr. Bredesen's protocol. I watched the link. IMHO, that dude is one cool cowboy. He was severely affected at the time he found his protocol. His will to live, then willingness to share what "rescued" him was nothing short of...beautiful. I was sickened by the hateful comments.

I agree with Dr. Bredesen. It's time to change the dogma. We are beginning to see evidence that impaired cognition CAN be restored via his work, the FINGER study, etc. Many of us are walking examples.

Harrison, interestingly, TUMS are the only chewable antacid I know of that don't contain aluminum- a neurotoxin ;) Betcha' he knew.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thank you for posting this Schnooks...
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.