Dr Rhonda Patrick

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Dr Rhonda Patrick

Post by Julie G »

Waves, RBK! It's great to see you :D Thanks for those links.

I'm blown away by how much homework Russ has done getting up to speed on Dr. Patrick's work. She's clearly a bright, energetic, well-connected, young E4 scientist who shares our passion. Russ plans to invite her to join us as a guest researcher. Thanks to Thumperama we have some other big names lined up. Huge thanks to them both. Stay tuned...
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

RBK, good to hear from you! I hope you are well.

Thanks for the tip. And, Julie, can't wait for more encounters with guest researchers! Thanks to you and Russ and Thumperama!

GB
RBK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RBK »

Julie and G, great to be back for a bit! Overwhelming to try to catch up after so many months MIA.

Great job, Russ! She's a solid find for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

LanceS wrote:saw a tweet today:

that had a nice graph of the Kraft insulin data:
Interview with Dr. Kraft: http://www.thefatemperor.com/blog/2015/ ... g-diabetes
Tincup
E3,E4
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

RBK wrote:Overwhelming to try to catch up after so many months MIA.
Hello again friend! I've disappeared for lengthy periods (and, frequently, shorter periods), and I think I recognize the feeling expressed here: there's a community one is a part of, and it's sort of "what one does" in any community to stay in touch, answer old questions, continue various dialogs. But we're all busy. Let's forgive one another for our disappearances and "drive-by posting". I'm simply happy to have heard from you. Your disappearance again for many months won't diminish that happiness!!

GB
marthaNH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marthaNH »

Russ wrote:Dr. Rhonda Patrick is a post-doc in the renowned Dr. Bruce Ames' lab...

Russ
I want to add my voice to those thanking you, Russ, for this new resource. I didn't "get" her right away but do now. I hope she connects with this group. I read the transcript from Robb Wolf's site and listened to bits and pieces of her conversation with the (fighter? boxer?) guy. Found her discussion of her e4 status and her concern about her 65-year-old father to be very human, honest, and touching. I recently returned from ten days with family and intimates, all with the same genetic time bomb in their code at some level, and I know how she feels. I am trying to learn, vet, and share strategies, but if I go too far or am too eager or anxious I'm afraid I'll flip some "she's lost it!" switch in their minds. Since I have definitely "lost it" on more than one previous occasion, I can't blame them for some healthy skepticism.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I recently returned from ten days with family and intimates, all with the same genetic time bomb in their code at some level, and I know how she feels. I am trying to learn, vet, and share strategies, but if I go too far or am too eager or anxious I'm afraid I'll flip some "she's lost it!" switch in their minds. Since I have definitely "lost it" on more than one previous occasion, I can't blame them for some healthy skepticism.
I'm exactly there.
Last edited by circular on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Sorry the quote code was off and I didn't know it posted the first time. Moderator will have to delete the duplicate and this one :oops:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.