Free Bone broth bible on Kindle

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Schnooks
Contributor
Contributor

Free Bone broth bible on Kindle

Postby Schnooks » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:28 pm

TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Free Bone broth bible on Kindle

Postby TheBrain » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks, Schnooks! I got my copy.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!

ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ABrain4Me » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:50 pm

I stopped eating bone broths due to Dr Gundry recommendation that ApoE4's limit/minimize animal fat intake...... I'm not 100% sold on avoiding all animal fats, but I'm giving it 6 months to see what my next set of labs look like.

TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby TheBrain » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 am

When you chill the bone broth after making it, the fat separates, floats to the surface, and hardens. You can spoon out the fat and throw it away and still get the benefits of bone broth (which is great for healing the gut or maintaining a healthy gut).
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby circular » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:06 am

Good tip alysson! I wonder how high it is in animal protein? It comes mostly from bone right, and maybe a few scraps of meat still attached? Some people put the organs in as well I think? I'm not sure if they're protein rich. Guess I better download the book and learn more!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.

Schnooks
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Schnooks » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Seems like I remember seeing a picture that Stavia posted of skimmed fat frozen in a plastic bag for use in recipes.

Stavia
Mod
Mod

Postby Stavia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Moi? Not fat.
I did go thru a stage last winter of making bone broth but I always discarded the fat. I ate the collageny stuff.
This winter I intend to make it again but with more organ meats like chicken hearts tummies n livers.

TheBrain
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby TheBrain » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Mark Sisson's post, "10 Reasons to Eat More Collagen," seems relevant for this thread:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-reaso ... e-collagen

I know bone broth is high in glycine, but I don't know offhand about other amino acids. I need to learn more myself!

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”