Rhonda Patrick interviews Peter Attia

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
aphorist
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Rhonda Patrick interviews Peter Attia

Post by aphorist »

Without an analysis of what is that LDL broken down into I don't think I can know whether things are okish or going pretty wrong. If I understood well what I read about the matter, the real problem are the VLDLs and till now there is no way to know that in Malta.
Your hdl is low. That alone says something is not right.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Rhonda Patrick interviews Peter Attia

Post by Julie G »

Stavia, I've not personally reached out to Dr. Patrick on our behalf. Russ has and received no response. I completely agree with you that we need to network with her. She's a super cool, smart, E4 scientist concurrently working on this puzzle. She freely shares her information on her website, Found My Fitness. She's very open about her heterozygote status and looks at everything through that lens. Many of us regularly follow her. I've been told that she's slated to present at AHS but we're still waiting on the formal presentation agenda. I certainly hope to connect with her there... if not sooner. Is there a specific question you'd like to pose to her?

Cristoforo, I agree with aphorist. Your HDL and other ratios suggest that your numbers need tweaking. You don't have to have advanced testing to identify a problem. It's handy, but not absolutely necessary.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Juliegee wrote:Stavia, I've not personally reached out to Dr. Patrick on our behalf. Russ has and received no response. I completely agree with you that we need to network with her. She's a super cool, smart, E4 scientist concurrently working on this puzzle. She freely shares her information on her website, Found My Fitness. She's very open about her heterozygote status and looks at everything through that lens. Many of us regularly follow her. I've been told that she's slated to present at AHS but we're still waiting on the formal presentation agenda. I certainly hope to connect with her there... if not sooner. Is there a specific question you'd like to pose to her?
yup. I want her to share her findings with us in huge detail IMMEDIATELY she finishes each section of her research in apoe4 and possibly......join our forum? Mebbe as a guest??
I think she's amazing and I want us to benefit from her insights.
I want her to tell us ALL THE THINGS!
GenePoole0304
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GenePoole0304 »

Stavia wrote:Julie, have you reached out to Rhonda Patrick?
I really, really would like to know her views on apoe4 to add to our body of knowledge.
simple just search on google and read what she writes, if you find little then you will know there is probably not much more.
Cristoforo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Cristoforo »

Thanks for the feedback - will work on it :)

Back to topic, Rhonda Patrick is fantastic and I follow her amongst others - would be great to have her post a couple of things in this forum.

She has a new genetic test tool (based on 23andme data) on her website (FoundMyFitness) but I cannot get it to work. Would be interesting to get more insight with that one.
Chris (from Malta, European Union)
Heterozygote APOE4
Latest Lipid Profile: TC: 185.6 TG: 79 HDL: 31.7 LDL: 138 HDL/TC: 5.85
Latest Fasting Glucose: 5
thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by thumperama »

Dr Attia has a new post on his site where he refers to the Dr Patrick interview: http://eatingacademy.com/personal/2016-update

At the end of the post, he says the Dr Patrick interview was conducted in the Fall of 2015 where he claims that LDL-P is chiefly important for ApoE4/4 folks and is the primary driver of athero/CHD after smoking. Yet on Dec 8/9 2015, he writes:

“…I’m changing my tune a bit on particle size. I think the analysis I previously shared re: size vs. number may be flawed the way other studies of highly correlated variables can be flawed, especially if using ROC for the analysis.”

So, I asked him about this in a comment on his 2016 Update post. I post his reply (provided there is one) here when he posts it.
thumperama
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by thumperama »

A quick reply from Dr Attia:
Chris, I don’t think those views are contradictory. Particle number is a huge driver. My point is that I once felt size was *irrelevant* once corrected for number. I am not sure that is correct. But that doesn’t negate the importance of particle number. Hope that clarifies my thinking.
I don't think anyone would be surprised by this position.

I also asked him if he would be interested in stopping by for a Dr Dayspring-style guest post/interview.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Dr. Attia is clearly in the "East Coast" Dr. Dayspring camp.
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Dr. Attia is clearly in the "East Coast" Dr. Dayspring camp.
He was. This clarification actually moves him to the mid-coast ;). Right?

FWIW, I agree with Dr. Attia, that BOTH particle size and number matter for our population (and everyone.) Thank you for inviting him to participate on the site, Chris. Feel free to reach out to Dr. Patrick as well with a similar invitation- hint, hint. Both would be welcomed with wild enthusiasm!
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

Hey guys! I am a 'patron' of Dr. Rhonda Patrick which means I donate a small monthly stipend in order to have special access to her site etc.. and get info/podcasts a bit early.

Did you know she is Currently working on an Apoe4 paper?

I can send her a personal email from the patron page. What should I say, or should I just link to this discussion and ask her to contact one of you?

This is really important and I don't want to screw it up by leaving anything out. Would love someone's input, thanks.

Laura
ε4/ε4