semi elemental diet for 2 weeks (not APO specific)

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
cdamaden
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

semi elemental diet for 2 weeks (not APO specific)

Post by cdamaden »

All,
I wanted to know if anyone has any pointers while on a semi-elemental diet. I will be on one for 2 weeks.
I have a mild case of methane based SIBO that has survived through two rounds of herbal antibiotics and one round of pharmaceutical antibiotics (Rifaximin and Neomycin - long battle with insurance on that one :x ). Now I'm going on a two week semi-elemental diet using Absorb Plus and Udo's oil. For the last 3-4 weeks I've been on a HFLC diet (20% protein, 60% fat, 20% carbs) and for the last 2 weeks have been Intermittent Fasting 8/16.
I started the new regime mid-day yesterday and did experience some brain fog but I also think I'm picking up a cold. This morning I checked blood glucose and it was at 88 mg/dL, about 10 points higher than the previous few days.
I plan to continue Intermittent Fasting and have doubled the oil from 1 tbsp to 2 tbsp per 8 oz serving. If anyone has other experiences to share and how it affected their blood glucose or other health markers, please share. Also any thoughts on Udo's oil?
Thanks,
Chris
E4/E4
Alameda, CA, USA
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: semi elemental diet for 2 weeks (not APO specific)

Post by SusanJ »

Hi Chris, don't know about the oil, but wanted to ask if you are using any probiotics along with your treatments.
cdamaden
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by cdamaden »

Susan,
My doc has you build up to these two probiotics at the doses listed:
1. Ther-Biotic Complete Powder,
1/4 tsp., 2xday. Notes:
try to take away from anti-microbials if possible, if you are on them

2. Primal Defense Ultra, 2 capsules, 2xday
Chris
E4/E4
Alameda, CA, USA
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

There is one camp who believes, take your probiotics even when on antibiotics. They won't have a chance of colonizing, but might do enough good to keep the bad ones from taking over. You might ask why they say not to take the Ther-biotic with the antibiotics.