Alzheimer's Cure ?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Surfrank57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Alzheimer's Cure ?

Post by Surfrank57 »

Funny J 11 thought the same.
LanceS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LanceS »

Seems like it boosts the effectiveness of your beta cells, without the hypo potential problems?

It seems as if it eliminates the reactive stress associated with glucose becoming insufficient?

Anyone see how long they've tested this? It would be amazing if the body didn't descend into mitochondrial mayhem later on. A license to continue eating as we have been seems too easy... like its going to make something less sensitive over time and the beta cell functionality could be restored or could be worse off? Would be interesting to see how folks do long term, esp APOE4.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Yip. I wanna see long term data, in a significant number of humans, with real endpoints measured.
Remember the rosiglitazone debacle? (I refuse to use trade names sorry)
Not getting excited yet. Just thinking that it's interesting.
LanceS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LanceS »

LanceS wrote:A license to continue eating as we have been seems too easy
LOL, who wrote this? Not sure I ever go back. I'm not an underwear model yet, but the wife lusts at least a little more after me, I feel physically unbelievable (fasted workouts are amazing and becoming more fat adapted is reducing mass and keeping strength equal), mentally I feel decades younger, my 6-7std dev allergies are GONE, my pleurisy issues are GONE....still got work to do... but eating like that was killing me in any number of ways.

Maybe this little shot comes with all these ancillary benefits?
Surfrank57
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Surfrank57 »

Plus some major side effects, thyroid cancer risks seem high, other issues as well that need to be controlled for in future studies.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Looks like we have another one. A cure that is.
Just put it over there with all the rest of them.

It looks like something truly is in motion now.
Everyone is jockeying for position to make a run to the finish line.
At this point there must be some worry if they are not on the home stretch that they
are already too far behind to make it to the winner's podium.

http://www.bidnessetc.com/67776-anavex- ... ock-today/
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

I personally think all the researchers are still running around in random blind circles somewhere on the field. Sorry to be cynical.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

J11 wrote:It looks like something truly is in motion now.
Everyone is jockeying for position to make a run to the finish line.
At this point there must be some worry if they are not on the home stretch that they
are already too far behind to make it to the winner's podium.
Nothing like a poet at work :D
It action mechanism is sigma-1 receptor activation and M1 muscarinic allosteric modulation.
My area of expertise :!: :lol:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Hmm, yes circ you caught me on this one.
I though my sweet minstrelling jibberishy words might draw attention from my complete lack of knowledge sigma-1 receptors?

Nothing like a scientist at work!
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

Very interesting indeed. I plan on shelling out some serious bucks to see Dr. Mikhail Kogan in DC to follow the MEND protocol. I will get his opinion, but am interested in trying liraglutide. It's all about inflammation - did anyone read about the AZ and rosacea correlation?

After prolonged deliberation, I decided against the Remind program offered through Buck Institute. Dr. Kogan is certified through Muses Labs. I bough a new house house and moved in on Wednesday, so the appointment will be a few weeks ago. Always trying to manage the cortisol....