No vegans on this forum?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No vegans on this forum?

Post by ru442 »

I'm with apro.... as a foody having to give up so much, I don't think I would last. I'd need my own pasture and a huge feedbag...

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
VictorN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by VictorN »

buck3Maureen wrote:Hi Victor, Just got back to this thread and wanted to thank you for the suggestions. I did start doing weight lifting (perfect workout - 30 min a week - slow - working each muscle group till it colapses) - I do eat a lot of seeds and I, like you, try to stuff myself at each meal- So I'm going to see how this goes and keep my mind open to changing the diet, if I keep loosing.
That’s great! Work toward two strength workouts a week, but be careful not to overtrain. As for additional calories, you can also add quinoa and sweet potatoes (this is what I’m going to do if my weight loss continues).
Juliegee wrote:I hope we don’t have to go our different ways, Victor :shock:. Apologies if I’ve offended you.
Oops. By “go our separate ways” I didn’t mean leaving the forum, just keeping to our opinions. Sorry, English in not my native language (immigrated to Canada from Russia in 2006) so please excuse me for possible blunders.
ApropoE4 wrote:If you told me that I would have an additional decade of healthy living in my 70s but in exchange I had to suffer a vegan diet, I would prefer the early demise.
That's my simple answer. ymmv.
Stavia wrote:Lol Apropo. I'd take the vegan diet. I admire Victor's dedication to following his chosen path so carefully and well. I wish I had that amount of discipline.
ru442 wrote:I'm with apro.... as a foody having to give up so much, I don't think I would last. I'd need my own pasture and a huge feedbag...
Now we’re talking! For I got an impression I met a gang of healthnuts who even outnutted me (yogurt from A2 cows? and I always thought A2 is a paper format) but now I see that you’re not Terminators but normal mere mortals.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Oh ya. Very human. I just drank a diet coke on a 13 hr overseas flight. Mea Culpa.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Stick around Viktor ;) … and your english is excellent.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Your English is fine, and we all have open minds here. The important thing is the journey... we all have a very different one and as long as it works for you and you are happy that is all that matters. I find myself taking different things from each diet/approach, making a hybrid diet that works for me. In the end it's the results that matter.... and the fact I can still enjoy the foods I eat and look forward to eating them each and every day. RU's 2 cents...
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Stavia wrote:Oh ya. Very human. I just drank a diet coke on a 13 hr overseas flight. Mea Culpa.
LOL! I am eating a leftover steak the wife didn't eat, cause it's raining cats and dogs here and I don't wanna go out!! Will make up for that at dinner...
VictorN
Contributor
Contributor

Post by VictorN »

To be fair, I just checked my wife's FADS1/FADS2 and her results are:

rs174548 CC
rs1535 AA

so it's one more argument on your side.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Victor, your English is great and you've very welcome here.

Diet COKE? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:... so jealous.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Needed the caffeine. Had a 40 hr travel thingy
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Re: RE: Re: No vegans on this forum?

Post by MarcR »

ApropoE4 wrote:If you told me that I would have an additional decade of healthy living in my 70s but in exchange I had to suffer a vegan diet, I would prefer the early demise.

That's my simple answer. ymmv.
I used to feel that way. As my body increasingly reflected my unhealthy habits, I realized that eating poorly doesn't just cut off the last 10 years of life - it also offers 30 years of ever-increasing suffering prior.

At 53 I think more about healthspan than lifespan. The daily benefits of restored health changed my preferences - now when I look at hyperpalatable processed food, the temptation is balanced by visceral revulsion.