Ashwaghanda is a nightshade

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Ashwaghanda is a nightshade

Post by ABrain4Me »

Since starting the Gundry Matrix plan 6 months ago, I've not been able to shed my psoriasis (no pun intended :)), and I had to start looking at whether some of my supplements were the culprit. Typically my psoriasis goes away on a clean food regime. I had a sense it might be triggered by the ashwaghanda, and sure enough, have had a major clearing with no ashwaghanda. Learned in my Gundry meeting that it's a nightshade and full of lectins. Lectins can supposedly cause leaky gut..... Can we get more OCD about what we consume? I sometimes look back and this younger years when I could eat anything and wonder how I did it! Sign me as livin' the lectin free life.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Ashwaghanda is a nightshade

Post by circular »

Interesting. Have had a stubborn case of eczema. Will scrutinize my pharmacopeia. I avoid herbs because I don't like that they have so many constituents - too many unstudied endpoints, although I know some tried and true ones have probably been used safely, traditionally for hundreds of years. Another thing to watch for in herbs is anticholinergic properties.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.