Monteluekast

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Monteluekast

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

Basically anything that enables the ability to work out is worth it. It's a risk-reward balance and the rewards of exercise are far too high to neglect (impo). I have taken montekulast for several years and it's probably the most effective rx I have ever taken. No side effects. The study Julie referenced certainly cheered me up when I read the synopsis last year. Feel better!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Thanks Tiramisu. You are right!
Hubbs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Hubbs »

{{{Stavia}}} i hope you get well soon!!!
E3/E4
MTHFR compound heterozygous (C677T and A1298C)
A1c5.7/LDL-P1602
All advices appreciated :)
PharmacistCatherine
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PharmacistCatherine »

Stavia, Central heating and a dry house is possible in Auckland - we managed it. And its a 1940s wood and tile. Just not cheap. Here is a paper suggesting that montelukast may be beneficial in more ways than one. http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2015/15102 ... s9466.html. Hope you are feeling better soon.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

(((Stavia))) Just thinking of you and hoping you can overcome or at least better manage the asthma very soon.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
cdamaden
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by cdamaden »

Stavia - with the Brexit and all that, this is the ideal time to move to the San Francisco Bay Area! We'd love to have you and the weather would be great for your health!
Chris
E4/E4
Alameda, CA, USA
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Ha! Actually if I were to live in the USA I'd definitely want to live in San Fran. Its my favourite US city. I'd need lots of money though - I'd want to be in the funky area between the bridge and the city. Dunno what its called but it's gorgeous.
Thanks to everyone for the wonderful support. I've been feeling very sorry for myself.
Now on 4 puffers and monteluekast and threatened to move out if hubby switched off the heater in the bedroom overnight. Feeling bit better this morning. Love you all.
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by hill dweller »

We have 8 bridges here in the San Francisco Bay Area http://www.batolls.info/. And all of our areas are funky! Some areas are just more $'s than others.

Given your exquisite taste (and probable horde of Hobbit gold), you might mean either Marin $$$$$ (between Richmond-San Rafael Bridge and the Golden Gate) or Berkeley/Oakland Hills $$$ (between Oakland Bay Bridge and Hayward-San Mateo Bridge) or possibly the Peninsula $$$$(between the Golden Gate and Dumbarton Bridge). God, it's expensive here, but the people make it worth it.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Ha! it was Marina District I think I liked looking on Googlemaps. Not enough gold sadly. Though property in Hobbiton currently is also hideously expensive.
RichardS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by RichardS »

Sorry to hear of your breathing challenges. I thought since curcumin seems to be a well-researched anti-inflammatory I would check the literature for its use with asthma and found this. Hope it helps.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4190737/

J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Aug; 8(8): HC19–HC24.

Evaluation of Efficacy of Curcumin as an Add-on therapy in Patients of Bronchial Asthma
Afroz Abidi,corresponding author1 Surabhi Gupta,2 Manu Agarwal,3 H.L. Bhalla,4 and Mahip Saluja5

Abstract

Background: Bronchial asthma being a chronic inflammatory disease of airways has numerous treatment options none of which have disease modifying properties. Curcumin, a yellow dietary pigment has varied pharmacological activities, prominent among which is an anti-inflammatory activity which may be crucial in bronchial asthma as has been proved by various in vitro and in vivo animal studies.

Aims: To determine the efficacy and safety of curcumin as an ‘add-on’ therapy in patients of bronchial asthma.

Settings and Design: This study was conducted on 77 patients of mild to moderate Bronchial asthma who had a documented positive bronchodilator reversibility test with ≥15% improvement in forced expiratory volume one second (FEV1).

Materials and Methods: Seventy seven patients were recruited for the study and randomized into either of the two groups, but 17 patients were lost to follow up. Thus Group A – Receiving standard therapy for bronchial asthma for 30d (n=30) and Group B – Receiving standard therapy for bronchial asthma + Cap Curcumin 500mg BD daily for 30d (n=30). The predefined primary endpoints were clinical assessments of dyspnoea, wheezing, cough, chest tightness and nocturnal symptoms, change in the pre-bronchodilator FEV1 during the treatment and hematological improvement. The secondary end points were assessed by the change in the post-bronchodilator FEV1, C-reactive protein (CRP) concentration and incidence of adverse events.

Statistical Analysis used: The data was analysed by SPSS 17.0 software using one-way ANOVA or Paired t-test.

Results and Conclusion: The results showed that curcumin capsules help in improving the airway obstruction which was evident by significant improvement in the mean FEV1 values. There was also significant improvement in the hematological parameters and absence of any clinically significant adverse events indicates dependable safety profile of curcumin capsules, though there was no apparent clinical efficacy. Therefore, it is concluded that curcumin is effective and safe as an add-on therapy for the treatment of bronchial asthma.