Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells

Post by TheresaB »

Orangeblossom wrote:Thanks Theresa, yes I saw that one is sourced in Canada. So you find it helpful then?
Given that Ben Greenfield says CBD is not addictive and you can't overdose on it, and certain folks that I respect recommend its use for numerous reasons, I figure it can't hurt. I actually got interested in CBD to address a foot issue that I have. After 3 surgeries, the foot constantly hurts and becomes inflamed when I'm on it for any length of time, so I started taking CBD to try to reduce pain and inflammation. No immediate miracles, but I think it helps. I subsequently learned of the applicable ApoE4 benefits, so all the better!
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

It sounds really useful and interesting. Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look over it all: I noticed there was also a guide on the website. about how it works. i just wish it was a little less expensive. maybe over time the price will come down. I also have chronic pain issues (from shingles in the past, and post surgical adhesions) and know how hard that can be. It sounds better to use something like this for pain rather than some of the pain meds offered to me which can also be addictive (I try and avoid) and if it can also help inflammation and our brains so much the better!

3/4
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

I recently ordered one bottle of Ben Greenfield's NatureCBD product. I'm hoping it helps with my sleep. He offers a 30-day money back guarantee. If it doesn't help, I'm returning it. (A bottle costs $119 plus shipping, but by signing up on his site, I got a 10% discount on my first purchase.) If it does help, I'll buy three bottles at a time ($99 each plus shipping). I'd hope to stop the compounded melatonin ($60 per month) without any negative consequences, so that would offset the cost.

Four or five times recently, I've smoked some homegrown (low THC potency) pot. I had AMAZING sleep each night. I even had what I'd call "make-up" deep sleep. On my best night, I slept 8 hours and 40 minutes and got 6 1/2 hours of deep sleep (according to my Apple Watch and Autosleep app, which I believe is correct, after some initial tweaking when I first started using the combination). I felt fantastic the next day. After this experience, I decided to try CBD. I don't want to smoke homegrown every night!

I'm also doing a series of nine far infrared (FIR) sauna sessions at a clinic in town. By the best night of sleep I just described, I had done three sessions. Maybe that's helping? However, on the nights I haven't smoked the homegrown, my sleep hasn't been as long or as good.

I'm pretty sure my Christmas present this year will be a far infrared sauna. The detoxification benefits are very appealing. My functional medicine practitioner thinks it's the best thing I could do for my health.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

Alysson, thanks for your hope-inspiring report!

If I may ask: when you experienced the benefits of the homegrown marijuana, were you off benzos?

Thanks.

My CBD will be arriving in the mail within a few days. Can't wait.

By the way, I've also started LDN, for my (fairly mild) CFIDS/ME/SEID. That can, at least short term, cause sleep problems. So I'm in particularly acute need of help with sleep right now....
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Hi Brian,

I don't mind you asking at all. No, I'm not off benzos yet. My goal is to sleep well (enough) regularly, while taking benzos, and then slowly wean off them. I discussed this approach with my compounding pharmacist, and she believes this is the best way to go.

I look forward to hearing about your experience with CBD. Good luck! I'll be sure to share mine.

I hope the increased sleep issue from LDN soon resolves and you find that it actually improves your sleep.

I forgot to mention that I recently signed up for Joseph Cohen's SelfDecode program for a year. My Personalized Health Report noted that I have an "underactive" cannabinoid system.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I've also been experimenting with Charlotte's Web CBD oil. I'm not sure yet, but it may have a sedating effect on me. Have to run a bunch of trials to isolate whether it was the cause, and if so whether it's just related to dose. My husband seems to get some chronic pain relief using it and he seems more relaxed to me :)

I think it's important to mention a conversation I had recently with a pharmacist. She wasn't in favor of all this CBD experimentation because she said it has such wide effects throughout the body. This of course is the potential risk of experimenting with many of the supplements many of us often try here. Just because one or a handful of endpoints have been studied doesn't mean all of them have been. Just putting out a cautious note that we can easily forget in the pursuit of relief from one thing or another.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

Allyson, Have you considered vaping over smoking? From what I've read, vaping is much less toxic, less carcinogens. Just wondering....
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Silverlining wrote:Allyson, Have you considered vaping over smoking? From what I've read, vaping is much less toxic, less carcinogens. Just wondering....
Hi Silverlining,

I actually have a vaporizer, but I don’t like using it. It wastes a lot of pot. If I had easy access to pot, I wouldn’t care. But unfortunately, I don’t. I also find I still get smoke, even though I’ve turned the temperature on the vaporizer down quite a bit. My favorite mode of access is edibles, but I’d need to make my own with healthy ingredients. Actually, that’s a thought...
jenniferthequeen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jenniferthequeen »

https://www.marijuana.com/news/2017/12/ ... s-of-2017/

Some interesting reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

There is now a wiki article: Cannabinoids, Cannabidiol (CBD), THC, HEMP, Marijuana, Cannabis

https://www.apoe4.info/wiki/Cannabinoid ... ,_Cannabis
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4