Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
PBW
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells

Post by PBW »

My spouse has prostate cancer and has had a medical marijuana license in Colorado since 2005. His diagnosis included a 1-2 years of life in 2005. He has been one of the lucky ones. I did all the research. Nutrition, exercise, sleep were all addressed and he added the medical marijuana. He had a New Mexico doctor recommended from PCRI(prostate cancer research instate). We have no idea which if any or all ideas worked, but the marijuana definitely helped him deal with living with Cancer...Being a 4/4 maybe it is my turn to return to the 60's
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

I would like to get back to the assertion that THC dissolves the blood brain barrier and CBD (cannabidiol,) heals the BBB.

Regarding Dr Nasha Winters, co-author of The Metabolic Approach to Cancer, I wrote,
I just listened to this podcast that interviewed her https://paleovalley.com/podcast/ep89-th ... ha-winters Just after the 38 minute point, she starts to discuss the endocannabinoid system and CBD (from hemp, no high, can be bought legally anywhere, including over the internet) and THC (from marijuana, produces a high, can only be purchased legally in some states).

At about 47:25 she says, “THC dissolves the blood brain barrier…CBD on the other hand heals the blood brain barrier.”
Anyone have info to back this up or have insight as to how this can be? I only have a very rudimentary understanding of the body’s endocannabinoid system and probably even less knowledge of the BBB. The only thing I found is that both THC and CBD readily pass through the BBB and then they interact with the CB1 and CB2 receptors post BBB passage. THC tends to attach to CB1 receptors, of which many are in the brain. CBD influences the body to use its own cannabinoids to act upon CB2 receptors, which are more common in the immune system.

In her book, Dr Winter’s talks about the powerful anti-inflammatory quality of CBD, I wonder if that’s how it heals the BBB? Anyone?
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Hi Theresa, I don't have time to read this but I'm interested in this BBB aspect too. I just found this:
Endocannabinoids modulate human blood–brain barrier permeability in vitro

There might be more in the 'cited by' papers ...
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
tonytony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tonytony »

EM - I've been lucky enough to work with QUICKSILVER for my mercury testing and remediation. My mercury came from fillings i got in the service but Quicksilver couldn't explain why I retained the mercury and others just pass it through. My tests showed that I, too, have impossibly high mercury levels. A ND who gave me a hairtest at one point said my levels are so high that he couldn't imagine I could actually still walk (actually, I think I'm losing that ability...) I've had IV chelation and all the QUICKSILVER liposimal protocols. I don't think I'm any less toxic than when I started. Now I'm grabbing what I've read about APOE4 impeding the bodies ability to release hG and am hoping someone knows how to remediate those of us with APOE4.

Am I kidding myself? Too optimistic?

Thanks for listening

-Allan
Emm wrote:Dear Jan and Slacker,
Thanks for your feedback. I've started to look at the primer and the info is very interesting. It takes some time to digest it all.
I was wondering where peoples stories are. I came to this site briefly about 4 months ago and read someones story which was really impressive, but couldn't find it again. Can you direct me?

Jan, I've heard of Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, I'm a recently retired psychotherapist and have noticed she does continuing education for health care providers, but have never attended one online. I'd be interested in what she has to say about CBD.

Regarding heavy metals, I moved to Ashland, Or about about 12 years and wasn't that well. I started working with a Nurse Practitioner who specializes in integrative medicine. About 7 years ago she tested me for heavy metals (lead, mercury, etc.) and I tested positive. I then when to a naturepath who specializes in testing and treating heavy metals and my test results (from an iv challenge test) showed I had the highest scores you can get for mercury and lead. (He was surprised and said I was a "smoking gun" I've had alot of treatment (Iv chelation) and was sick as a dog for awhile, then my health improved greatly. I stopped doing chelation as I felt better, its not much fun, I can tell you. I then had cancer a year and 1/2 ago (endometrial stromal sarcoma) and have had lots of testing done of my nutritional status and got tested again for heavy metals and its still pretty high so I'm going to get treatment again starting after thanksgiving. Its my understanding that lots of us have heavy metal issues but don't know it. The only other person I know who had as significant a problem as I did was a woman at the farmers market who's husband was a fisherman!
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

Allen,

Hi, I just got your posting on 11/21 . I have also had the quicksilver testing as well as the challenge IV testing again. The challenge IV test showed that I have pretty high levels of lead and some mercury. I didn't know that apoe4 impeded the ability to release mercury and lead. Where do you live? I live in Ashland Oregon. We have a great NP here who does chelation and is quite knowledgable.

Em
3/4
Last edited by Red Tara on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells1111

Post by TheBrain »

Lean and Emm,

Have either of you looked into using far infrared sauna for heavy metal detoxification?
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

April,

Hi, I am familiar with the far infrared saunas for heavy metal detox, and would like to buy one but don't know which to buy.
I have read that some of them are made of materials that can outgas and not be good for you.

apoe3/4
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

I was unsure about Europe and assumed it would not be easy to get but looking online found this, is this the kind mentioned here?

https://www.cbdoilsuk.com
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Orangeblossom wrote:I was unsure about Europe and assumed it would not be easy to get but looking online found this, is this the kind mentioned here?

https://www.cbdoilsuk.com
I'm not familiar with the Love Hemp brand. I do recognize the Charlotte's Web brand. I ingest a dropper full of the Charlotte's web tincture every evening before bed. I mentioned it earlier in this thread when I attempted to write an intro to this subject:
TheresaB wrote: CBD -- Cannabidiol - one of at least 113 active cannabinoids in cannabis (don't know about hemp). CBD does not have the intoxicating effects as THC and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC. In 2013, CNN produced a segment that featured “Charlotte's Web” a high CBD, low THC cannabis extract that does not induce a high (it was was originally called "Hippie's Disappointment" :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Charlotte’s Web was named after a 10 year old girl, Charlotte, who experienced a reduction of her epilectic seizures after her first dose of medical marijuana. That 2013 CNN segment resulted in increased demand for CBD-dominant cannabis and led to some changes to U.S. legislation. CBD products derived from marijuana plants must be purchased from marijuana dispensaries, even if they are sold for their medicinal not psychoactive effects. CBD derived from hemp is considered a food and dietary supplement, not a medication. There are no restrictions on the production, sale, and consumption of hemp oil in the U.S.
Before purchasing a CBD product, you might want to review the the Ben Greenfield post I also mentioned earlier in this thread, he emphasizes that for maximum benefit, CBD should be taken in bioavailable form. He also happens to sell a CBD oil. https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/2015/0 ... e-cbd-oil/
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

Thanks Theresa, yes I saw that one is sourced in Canada. So you find it helpful then?