Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Cannabinoids remove plaque-forming Alzheimer's proteins from brain cells

Post by Orangeblossom »

It is easy from the UK to fly to Amsterdam cheaply, for anyone in the UK! :-)
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Orangeblossom wrote:It is easy from the UK to fly to Amsterdam cheaply, for anyone in the UK!
CBD companies here in the US say they ship worldwide, the issue is passing customs which causes a delay, but I thought growing hemp was more restricted in the US, so I thought it was easier to get CBD products in Europe. No?
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

Hello, I am new to this site and this is my first post.
I have been taking CBD for awhile now at night to help with sleep and have researched it some ( definitely not an
expert).

I get my CBD from a company that used to be called CW Botanicals (ie Charlottes Web Botanicals, named after the little girl who had seizures and her parents moved to Colorado to be able to get her CBD to stop the seizures) it is now called CW Hemp. It is out of Colorado. it is 26 to 1 CBD to THC.

I have watched various Cannabis/CBD webcasts and one of the things I heard was that it seems to be more effective to have a little THC mixed into the CBD. (In Ashland, Or where I live, I've heard people have had 'good results' from plain hemp, I'm not sure what the medical issue was, maybe pain)

I watched a live webcast of doctors discussing Cannabis and CBD and one doctor in particular discussed reversing alzheimers with it. I could post the web address for the company that does the webcasts if anyone is interested.

I have heavy metals issues (lead/mercury) so one issue that is important to me is the purity of the hemp/cannabis. I've read that Cannabis/CBD it can be contaminated with heavy metals. I read that sometimes hemp is grown to clean the land. With CW Botanicals anyway each bottle you buy has a batch number and you can check to see if there are contaminates

There is a community organization called "Realm of Caring "
https://www.theroc.us/
They help people with figuring out how much to take for various conditions. I've found them helpful. Becoming a member is free and they can advise about different good companies to buy from and with some (maybe all) of the companies they recommend you can get a discount if you are a member.

I still have alot to learn but am sharing this incase it might be of interest to others.

Em
3/4
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Welcome Em;

We all learn together. When you are ready, please post more about yourself and your journey in our "Our Stories" Forum. And it's possible that you've already looked at Stavia's primer, which is a great resource and starting place for general information on reversing cognitive decline, or preventing it from occurring. The link is:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418
Slacker
E4/E4
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Welcome, Emm! There is a lot of new information coming out about CBD, and seems like attitudes toward its use are shifting favorably. I'm glad to hear from someone who has direct experience, and definitely want to learn more from you. I've heard Dr. Tieraona Low Dog speak several times about its efficacy when used appropriately. So sorry to hear of your heavy metals issue. Can you speak a little more about that --- if it's something you would be open to sharing.

Slacker pointed you toward our site Primer, which is excellent, and also mentioned the Our Stories forum. Thank you for mentioning the Realm of Caring. I plan to check that out.

We all learn from each other, so look forward to more of your posts. Again, welcome!
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

Dear Jan and Slacker,
Thanks for your feedback. I've started to look at the primer and the info is very interesting. It takes some time to digest it all.
I was wondering where peoples stories are. I came to this site briefly about 4 months ago and read someones story which was really impressive, but couldn't find it again. Can you direct me?

Jan, I've heard of Dr. Tieraona Low Dog, I'm a recently retired psychotherapist and have noticed she does continuing education for health care providers, but have never attended one online. I'd be interested in what she has to say about CBD.

Regarding heavy metals, I moved to Ashland, Or about about 12 years and wasn't that well. I started working with a Nurse Practitioner who specializes in integrative medicine. About 7 years ago she tested me for heavy metals (lead, mercury, etc.) and I tested positive. I then when to a naturepath who specializes in testing and treating heavy metals and my test results (from an iv challenge test) showed I had the highest scores you can get for mercury and lead. (He was surprised and said I was a "smoking gun" I've had alot of treatment (Iv chelation) and was sick as a dog for awhile, then my health improved greatly. I stopped doing chelation as I felt better, its not much fun, I can tell you. I then had cancer a year and 1/2 ago (endometrial stromal sarcoma) and have had lots of testing done of my nutritional status and got tested again for heavy metals and its still pretty high so I'm going to get treatment again starting after thanksgiving. Its my understanding that lots of us have heavy metal issues but don't know it. The only other person I know who had as significant a problem as I did was a woman at the farmers market who's husband was a fisherman!
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Emm ...

You can find "Our Stories" by clicking on BOARD INDEX (top of each page, right hand side), then clicking on OUR STORIES (third forum down). You'll see lots of stories there - although there are also several "stories" sort of interspersed throughout different threads, that never quite made it to the "official" repository. (I invite you to post your own story there, by clicking NEW POST and expounding. :-) )

Here's a direct link:
viewforum.php?f=2

I studied herbal medicine with Dr. Low Dog a while ago - her Foundations in Herbal Medicine course, which can be found here:

https://www.medicinelodgeranch.com/prod ... l-medicine

Dr. Low Dog also does webinars for GaiaHerbs Professional, which I attend:

http://gaiaprofessional.com/

Dr. Low Dog is a walking encyclopedia about herbal medicine, stratospherically knowledgeable in my estimation. :-) If I am relaying her opinion correctly, CBD has been unwarrantedly feared; if it is understood, respected, and used very carefully, studies show that it can be an adjunct to pain medication. (Every time I have heard Dr. Low Dog speak, she gives references to the studies which inform her opinions. She is a thorough scientist.)

I am not personally familiar with CBD, other than through the words of some individuals I have known. I am not an herbalist, and so could not prescribe or recommend usage. I do think it is time we throw our collective energy into learning more about CBD.
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Concerning your heavy metals issue, and then cancer - oh, my. I'm so sorry that you have had to deal with those, but I am encouraged that the chelation therapy worked before, and so it should be reasonable to expect that it will work again. It sounds like you have your diet sorted out, what about exercise and stress reduction?

Here's a site that might have additional helpful ideas for you.

http://nalinichilkov.com/
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2
Red Tara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Red Tara »

Hi Jan,
Good to hear from you.
I look forward to looking at the website you forwarded.
My exercise is pretty good and also for stress reduction I meditate most days.
I think, at least for myself stress reduction can always be enhanced.

Em
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

For us all! (improving stress reduction)

:-)
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2