Awakening from Alzheimer's 12-day interview series

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Awakening from Alzheimer's 12-day interview series

Post by TheBrain »

Are folks watching this series hosted by Peggy Sarlin? It's excellent.

http://event.awakeningfromalzheimers.com/trailer-2c/

It's free. Today is Day 7, but you can buy the entire series for a mere $49 (but you'd want to buy it soon; the price will go up at some point).

Dr. Bredesen's interview in on Day 11.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Awakening from Alzheimer's 12-day interview series

Post by Stavia »

Nice find Alysson.
I don't have 12 hours in hand, is anyone listening and can summarise for us please?
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Thanks so much for bringing this series to our attention, Alysson! I'm tight for time atm, so think I'll buy it.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Lucy5 wrote:Thanks so much for bringing this series to our attention, Alysson! I'm tight for time atm, so think I'll buy it.
yay Lucy!! are you able to give us a summary of the bits we don't know or what you think is important, when you have time?
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Absolutely Stavia. A little slammed now, so hope you'll be patient w/me :?
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Lucy5 wrote:Absolutely Stavia. A little slammed now, so hope you'll be patient w/me :?

take your time honey xx
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Love you, Lucy!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks Allyson and Lucy!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

A quick reminder regarding Alysson's posted info & link for the Awakening from Alzheimer's 12-day Interview Series. Tomorrow (Sat), they will have 2 interviews: 1st) Dr David Katz, Founding Director, Yale University Prevention Research Center (emphasis on diets/nutrition), and 2nd) our Dr. Dale Bredesen. Interviews will be posted online beginning at 9am EDT & available for 24 hours.

Worth tuning in IMO for those who have the time...& again, thanks Alysson!
Last edited by Lucy5 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

I missed the first few episodes of this and have been watching some, and I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but for the life of me I am so torn and confused! On the one hand, since my early 20's I've been very health conscious (now 55), vegetarian, then paleo and now just trying to be "normal" for this ancestral allele. I have always exercised, took supplements as needed. But, then I will look at my 89 year old father who eats anything he wants, lots of sugar, (loves his sugar and fats in the morning!) pastry, etc. salt, fats, gluten, flour, deli meats, prepared foods, packaged foods, crap, drinks alcohol, etc. and my 88 year old mother who also loves her sweets and doesn't eat very well. Not many vegetables. No exercise. I love the Bredeson protocol, and everything this series has to offer etc. and am striving to reach the lab results as necessary but, I'll look at my parents and think, well, they are still alive and thankfully are cognitively sound, what's up with that? They are not fasting, nor exercising, don't have diabetes in spite of all of the sugar intake. It's incredible! I just don't get it. I want to live my life and not get wrapped up too much about lifestyle (and I've always been about lifestyle and personable responsibility) when I can see my parents have survived this long, so far and still have their wits about them. It's nuts. Sorry for the rant and thank you for listening! I also see other relatives who had AD and they too weren't living crazily. Slim, in shape, pretty healthy, ate well. Oye. I hope the experts can figure this out, because I am just not sure anymore.

Thx :(