Calcium supplements and dementia

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Calcium supplements and dementia

Post by circular »

I'm just told my previously good bone density has gone to osteopenia with medium fracture risk :( I've already been increasing weights, but with my joint laxity I can't lift as much as I used to by far. I already take vit D3 and K2. I've been told to reduce fish consumption (eg, sardines are good calcium source) to just once a week due to having high mercury. I can't eat dairy other than some ghee. I'm already on hormone supplements. What to do ... :roll:
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

How about magnesium?
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Cir, i'm assuming that both your hip and lower spine have low readings with the same technology that you had before with normal measurements. I've had two bone densities done this last decade, but the results (both nl) were reported differently, so I could not directly compare.
With your joint laxity, I'm unclear what exercise to recommend. Water aerobics? Brisk walks? Recent update on how exercise benefits bones.

Now that I've severely cut down on dairy, maybe I need to get out those magnesium pills again.