Wow this is interesting on how to better support the biome and why! - Restore

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Wow this is interesting on how to better support the biome and why! - Restore

Post by circular »

Although the title seems rather focused on one issue, this really ties in a lot of our subjects but extends them further. As usual there's a commercial product in the mix, but I have to say this just makes sense to me, although I know 'sense' is not science! I think I'm going to try the product based on this point of view, but I do wonder what my forum comrades think. The interview starts a bit slow, but get past the beginning and it's really interesting the rest of the way, or at least was to me:

How to Fix Leaky Gut - Dr. Zach Bush Restore
Last edited by circular on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
ERK
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Wow this is interesting on how to better support the biome and why!

Post by ERK »

I have clients that have used Restore with good results. Some better than others.
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Wow, that was very interesting circular, thank you for sharing. I have been one of those chronic probiotic users. Hmmmm, something to certainly think about.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I read the transcript, Circ. Interesting and plausible. Are you going to try the product? I have an appt. with my FMP on the 11th. I'll ask his opinion.
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

Just linking in the science paper of referenced...

http://restore4life.com/wp-content/uplo ... n-0816.pdf
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

What's this... the secret to healthy food are compounds produced by bacteria in healthy soil! Gonna have to go down this rabbit hole and see where it leads.... looks pretty important and relevant. Thanks for sharing this find, Circ!
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thought YOU would like it, Russ. Glad you found the thread :D
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Juliegee wrote:I read the transcript, Circ. Interesting and plausible. Are you going to try the product? I have an appt. with my FMP on the 11th. I'll ask his opinion.
I'm inclined to try it. According to Cyrex I have no gut/blood or blood/brain barrier issues, so it will be interesting to see if this makes any difference in how I feel. I've been planning to better shore up my mitochondria with a more multi-pronged approach (thinking mitochondria/redox is a network issue much like neurogenesis/neurodegeneration), but I'll try this first. If it doesn't make any difference then I go after my mitochondria more, not that it isn't inter-related. This just seems, theoretically, like an important piece of a solid foundation. Need to read the paper Russ posted above.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

Juliegee wrote:Thought YOU would like it, Russ. Glad you found the thread :D
Certainly I would like the idea to have merit, but all the more reason to be critical. Having watched the podcast and read the paper, there's not much to go on yet. Remarkable to me that the paper can get published without a description of what the claimed active substance actually is.

Putting aside overly dramatized language like "fossil soil" when what they mean is "coal" - in broad brush terms it sounds like their talking about something that would fall in the category of "quorum sensing." Unlike probiotics that provide the bugs, and prebiotics that feed the bugs, quorum sensing is like "the internet" for bugs - molecules that tell them to wake up and "talk" with each other and encourage each other to become active.

For general background, see this TED talk (one of my favorites ever)...

...and for application to soil health see this company...
http://www.quoruml.com
...which I know to be very effective.

Now maybe that's not it at all, but seems to fit with description of some compounds extractable from coal that become signaling molecules for microbes??? Can't really find much googling and find no other papers by Bush yet, so the other papers he said are in peer review aren't out yet (the one that is is just Aug 2016).

So although intrigued, I am suspicious until getting more info. Here we have a magic elixir extracted from coal and we won't tell you what it is, but believe us 3 guys who did the research as we've founded a company to sell this magic ;-).

Thoughts and Ideas from others?
Russ
E3/4
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Quite honestly, I couldn't sit through more than 5 minutes of the video.

That said, Russ, I do agree with you that healthy soil is critical for all of us going forward. Glad you're in the mix of spreading the word and trying to make that happen.