Describe your ideal MCT formulation

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Describe your ideal MCT formulation

Post by Brian4 »

Julie G wrote:Brian, my guess is that you're likely in deeper ketosis than you think.
Hm... I bet you're right. I'll take folks' recommendation and order the KetoMojo, and will report back when I get some results.

The thing is, I STILL haven't gotten below 60 mg/dL glucose, ever, while FMD-ing, even when my only calories are a couple grams lysine (one of the non-keto-killing AAs) and 15 g of olive oil. I would have guessed that more intense ketosis would drop my fasting glucose even lower.
ε4/ε4 (for now).
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Is there any known advantage to getting glucose <60 even if one's already in ketosis? Sorry if I missed it.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Brian4
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Brian4 »

Advantages? Yes: being more like George (who got his down to the 30s!).

No, seriously, I just meant that glucose is probably inversely proportional to degree of ketosis, though in different ways in different people, of course.
ε4/ε4 (for now).
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Brian4 wrote: No, seriously, I just meant that glucose is probably inversely proportional to degree of ketosis, though in different ways in different people, of course.
Thanks I've been wondering if this is actually the case. I wonder if it's been studied.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.