Low level light therapy

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
cookin74
Contributor
Contributor

Low level light therapy

Post by cookin74 »

Wondering if anyone has tried light therapy to help with neuroinflammation? Certainly inflammation is an issue with cognitive decline. I've been seeing so much about these devices lately. Wondering if anyone has tried something like this: http://vielight.com/brain-photobiomodulation/
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Low level light therapy

Post by Starfish77 »

I don't know how closely the light therapy used to combat depression is to this unit. About 15 years ago I purchased one of the units to combat depression for a friend. The unit is still in use and the friend says it helped a lot. I know another person who has used one for many years with similar positive results.

It will be interesting to hear if any of our members have any personal experience using light therapy to fight inflamation.
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

I'm sitting under my "daylight" lamp now. I have no idea if it helps with inflammation though. Started using it in December. Interesting idea though.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I think I saw low level light therapy come up recently in the context of Dr. Terry Wahls work. Don't quote me but it would be interesting if she's using it.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.