Sulforaphane and Moringa

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Sulforaphane and Moringa

Post by NewRon »

Oh and one study, which isn't online, mentioned a 29% drop in LDL...THAT would be really something!
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

FWIW my 99 y/o 3/4 mom takes Moringa, claiming that taking this on an empty stomach helps with energy. I need to investigate this LDL drop claim.
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Please do!

Like lots of claims, it may be just that and no more.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by KatieS »

Not seeing evidence: "promising" in rabbits to decrease cholesterol or decreasing diabetic markers in mice after mega-doses. I'm thinking my mom has a placebo effect as her LDL-C remains the same (slightly high).
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

I wonder would Dr Fahey respond to a suitably technically worded query from a reasonably qualified person?
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
lumia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lumia »

NewRon wrote: "However, a distinctively different use of the bark, seeds, and roots have been reportedly used in Indian folklore to causes uterine contractions and miscarriages. The bark, seeds, and roots contain different chemicals than the leaves, being more commonly used as medicine rather than as a food like the leaves. [4]
Young Moringa seed pods is a common vegetable in India (locally called "drumstick").

On the other hand, I have noticed an uptick of Moringa popularity--mainly seeds--in China. Some say it's because Xi once recommended Raul Castro that as a cash crop and gave the latter some seeds.

Unlike other herbs, I've seen far more skepticism on this one, so I'd hold it off.
kayell
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kayell »

lumia wrote: Young Moringa seed pods is a common vegetable in India (locally called "drumstick").
Interesting. I've seen the pods both fresh and frozen in the Lotte grocery stores (Korean owned chain) here in northern VA. May have to look up some recipes and give it a try.
E4/E4
hello123
Contributor
Contributor

Moringa Health Benefits

Post by hello123 »

Hi,

Quick question. Has anyone had any experience with the Moringa plant? Apparently it grows very well in South Florida. My friend grows it in her backyard and I recently started to include it in my smoothies. It's known to have many health benefits, most importantly it's an anti-inflammatory. If it's that good from what I read on the internet, I'm not sure why I haven't heard of it before. It's available in supplement form. Curious if Bredesen, Grundry or Perlmutter have looked into it.

By the way, this forum has helped me tremendously. I'm on it almost everyday and each time a learn a little something new. I'm well into this new journey and haven't been this happy in a long time. Thank you!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

hello123 wrote:Has anyone had any experience with the Moringa plant?
I moved your post into an existing thread where moringa has been discussed. You can always search for a topic by clicking on the 3 dots next to your name and selecting "search".

We'll see if anyone has other additions or updates to your question.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Moringa Health Benefits

Post by Jan »

hello123 wrote:... this forum has helped me tremendously. I'm on it almost everyday and each time a learn a little something new. I'm well into this new journey and haven't been this happy in a long time. Thank you!
So glad you're finding the forum helpful, hello!
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.