Disturbed sleep & AD

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Disturbed sleep & AD

Post by floramaria »

circular wrote: Love this! And then there was me watching the sunrise over the Himalayas with altitude sickness :lol: I think I need to go back and do it right.
Yes, circ..... off to the Himalayas!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
PeterM
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Disturbed sleep & AD

Post by PeterM »

NF52 wrote:
PeterM wrote:
Floramaria wrote:Thanks, PeterM, for posting this.https://hypoxico.com/altitude-to-oxygen-chart/ I have lived in rural NM at 6500’ for 30 years and am happy to see that, at least In this one study, high altitude living doesn’t correlate with increased risk!
https://hypoxico.com/altitude-to-oxygen-chart/

Hi Marie. Here is a chart noting oxygen percent by altitude. Millions of people around the world (Bogota for instance) live in an oxygen environment of under 15% seemingly without ill effect. That’s impressive—and somewhat reassuring I hope. And I would guess that the large majority of those folks do not have a gene that has adapted them to extreme elevation.
Hi Peter, No worries! Quoting a user can be tricky!

One tip is to think of each quote as needing 2 key parts: brackets around the phrase [quote="user name"] and then brackets with a slash around the ending
. Note that the user name has be in quotes itself!
You had the phrase "quote= "without Floramaria's name in the first try, and then no beginning bracket in the second try. Here's a link to our How-to guide if the software trips you up in the future![/quote]

Thanks, NF52. I post so infrequently I can get mixed up using the quote feature, especially when trying to respond to just one person in a post where multiple people have already been quoted. A bit like this one so I’m keeping it simple.

Additionally, looking just now at this post in ‘Preview’ I see part of your quote is running beyond the boxed ‘white field’ into the darker field where my comment is. Confusing. Fortunately I do understand how using the preview feature allows me to experiment and learn. Again, appreciate the help—and kind words.