Dental probiotics

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Dental probiotics

Post by KatieS »

After reading Theresa's post against mouthwashes that kill off good oral bacteria, I cut the mouth wash out and started this dental probiotic. My usual dental check-up is good, but my hygienist thought my gums seemed the best ever. Now I realize that for years, I was inadvertently contributing to dental disease with all these mouthwashes & toothpastes. Occasionally I use the coconut oil pulling, but dissolving the pill at night seems to restore my oral flora. Like Susan, I somehow think these chewable probiotics seem to help my gut more than the capsules.
barbS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dental probiotics

Post by barbS »

I just finished a round!! I also purchased the pro-15 by hyperbiotics, and a couple more just to "mix" things up. Some pre-biotics and a digestive enzyme supp.

I ALSO ordered a probiotic for sinus issues. Yes they have a probiotic for that as well :) I have been troubled with sinus problems for a long time. I am so hoping this works for me. Sinus problems will be gone!
ApoE 3/4
MTHFR A1298C
VDR Taq
all the other ++
MAO R297R MTHFD1L GAMT PEMT CCL2 SOD3 NSUDS7 ATG16L1 FOXE1 do these matter? :?: (I believe in "woo" cuz pharma never helped me)
Jaque
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dental probiotics

Post by Jaque »

I don't know if what I am doing is dental probiotics but it is pleasant and my gums are healthy at age 70.
After a meal, i chew on greens like organic Arugula or Baby Kale that come in pre-washed, ready to eat boxes or Dandelion from my garden during growing season. I also chew on tea spoon full of raw fennel seeds with a small piece of cinnamon and a clove. The heat of the cinnamon and clove is diluted by the greens and the fennel seeds.
P.S. Fennel seeds have been used as mouth freshner in India for a long time. You can find fennel seeds in Indian markets - they come raw unsalted, lightly salted, lightly roasted and sometimes with sugar and flavors.