How to get neural agility program from dr bredesen

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: How to get neural agility program from dr bredesen

Post by TheresaB »

JasonMy wrote:Do you guys know what is going on with Dr Bredesen's protocol?
Welcome JasonMy. We (ApoE4.info) are not associated with Dr Bredesen although we certainly discuss his findings often.

Earlier this year we had a discussion of the ReCode protocol in this threadAHNP Precision Health_Lunches ReCode Protocol when AHNP bought out MPI.

Regarding Dr Bredesen's research in particular, he just published a paper discussed in this thread New paper from Dr. Bredesen/larger dataset
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

So is Neural Agility basically Auditory Beat Stimulation (monaural- and binaural-beat frequencies)? I downloaded the brain.fm thing to try that. As far as ABS I found studies stating, "While findings for most putative applications up to now are either solitary or contradictory, several studies consistently report a diminishing impact of binaural-beat stimulation on anxiety levels." So that is promising but I don't imagine it could actually be "meditation on steroids" as Dr. Bredesen says in his book. Meditation has really good studies on its effectiveness.
I agree with your assessment of Neural Agility. I've also taken a dive into the science and found it to be pretty weak. I think Dr. Bredesen likes it, because (unlike meditation) it's a passive process. Listeners simply slip on their headphones and relax while the magic "happens." This likely has been helpful for his patients with cognitive decline who are unable to otherwise actively meditate. The 30 min. rest period is probably calming.

FWIW, I've also taken a deep dive into the science behind meditation and found it be be exceptionally strong. I've fairly recently completed the online version of Ziva, which is a slightly more accessible version of Transcendental Meditation, and found it be the best meditation instruction I've encountered to date. Unfortunately, it's pricey at $399. There's also a free website & app called Insight Timer which offers a library of guided meditations, some instructional, that is full of great material. If your cognition is intact enough to actively engage in meditation, I strongly recommend that vs. Neural Agility. A daily meditation practice has been very beneficial for me, personally, and there's overwhelming scientific evidence to support this strategy as a means to reduce stress, promote overall wellness, and avoid cognitive decline.
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Hi Julie G and JasonMy - I agree with Julie on the benefits of meditation! I also began using Ziva meditation earlier this year and it is the ONLY practice I have been able to stick with long-term. I strongly recommend it! I also have Mindvalley's free app and meditation (presented by the founder/CEO, Vishen Lakhiani) which is pretty good too. It's called the 6-phase meditation. Best of luck to those working on incorporating meditation into their daily self-care!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Breathing instructor, Patrick McKeown, has a 20 minute guided breathing meditation that I've thought is quite good. The mp3 can be downloaded.. I learned TM 28 years ago and have practiced pretty consistently since. I've used the above with my TM practice and it has enhanced it. Once you get the concept, you don't need to listen to the audio.
Tincup
E3,E4
srbogert
Contributor
Contributor

Post by srbogert »

Hi JasonMy - Welcome to the APOE4 .info site.
I have never used the Neuro Agility program myself, but it appears to be a binaural-beat type construction of frequencies that claims to support neural pathway growth, memory, cognitive function and mental endurance. Those are big claims for a passive tool, and I did not find any real evidence to support its effectiveness. In my opinion, the Neuro Agility program may be "better than nothing" - especially for those who require a passive approach, but I do not see how it can be as effective as active training processes like meditation.

You asked about the current state of the RECODE protocol. Dr Bredesen's company MPI Cognition was recently purchased by AHNP Precision Health and Dr Bredesen is working with them now. There appear to be pros and cons to this new arrangement, but I think that a change like this was necessary to allow scaling up and serving a larger number of clients. You can search the site for more discussions on this topic.

I see that you are new to the site. If you are also new to learning about APOE4, I strongly suggest that you look at the APOE4 Primer. It was written by Stavia, who is one of the site's largest contributors. She is a physician and APOE 4/4. She takes a very practical, fact based approach to this complex and emotionally charged subject. You should also take a look at the HOW TO Guide. This guide will help you efficiently navigate, search, and post to the site. Welcome and Keep Posting!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
JasonMy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JasonMy »

Thanks everyone, very helpful info. I will have to look more into this site when I get the time but lately I have none with work. I have been reading, "The Power of Now" which has given me more inspiration to meditate daily. The author talks about how you can be in a meditative state whenever you want even with your eyes open if you focus intently on one of your 5 senses. Basically it seems if you fully focus on anything in the here and now (most people choose their breath) then the mind will quiet. I know it's an older book but I would definitely recommend it.
Woodpecker
New User
New User

Post by Woodpecker »

Can I get a copy of the Neural Agility program?

Thanks
Chameleon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Chameleon »

Hi woodpecker,

Welcome to the APOE4 community! Glad you have joined us. Are you asking for the Neural Agility program for yourself? Have you tried other programs and if so did you get any benefits from them?

I know Julie G has offered earlier in this thread to send it to those who PM her so you may want to try that.

I would also recommend exploring the Primer because it contains a ton of information. And I just want to point out you can search the site using the magnifying glass at the top right of the page.

Many members also tell their story in the Our Stories forum so please feel free to share more of your background with us.
I hope this site is helpful in supporting you.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Woodpecker wrote:Can I get a copy of the Neural Agility program?
Hi Woodpecker--I see in a couple of earlier posts in this thread the if you email or send a Private Message to Julie G she may be able to get you a copy of the Neural Agility program.
Julie G wrote:Just shoot me an email at juliegee@apoe4.info and I'll pass the download your way.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I will no longer be sharing the Neural Agility sample from RevitaMind. You can easily order it here.