Stavia's Vegetarian very low fat trial

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Stavia's Vegetarian very low fat trial

Post by Stavia »

hi Anab and welcome.
I have been crazy busy with family wedding and takeover of my medical practice.
Life will be better in a week.
I will do the high sat fat first October/November, and the low fat vegan over the Dec/Jan period when I'll have more time to cook.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Stavia wrote:hi Anab and welcome.
I have been crazy busy with family wedding and takeover of my medical practice.
Life will be better in a week.
I will do the high sat fat first October/November, and the low fat vegan over the Dec/Jan period when I'll have more time to cook.

Sounds good I look forward to your results .... and I just want to thank you got your primer. I have gone back to it and many things I didn't get have become more clear. I'm very grateful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lbraddy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lbraddy »

I'm interested in how this turned out?
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Stavia's Vegetarian very low fat trial

Post by Stavia »

lbraddy wrote:I'm interested in how this turned out?
I haven't started yet. I travelled to Rarotonga end of November where it was impossible to eat properly for a week (my carefully selected food was confiscated at customs and there is very little to buy there), went out of ketosis, ate high carb local food (basically toasted cheese sandwiches and fries which was all that was safe due to my sulfite allergy) and felt absolutely awful for a significant period after coming back. I've still not yet recovered, still feel pretty crappy. I'm waiting until I feel better.

Jaque
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaque »

Welcome to my side of diet! You mentioned proteins in your post. If you eat whole grains, rice, beans and vegetables you never need to worry at all. I don't know if you have time to cook whole beans. But here is an idea for a super busy person like you. Invest in an Instant Pot or similar Electric Pressure cooker. Soak any beans of your liking overnight. Next morning throw in the beans in the electric pot, add plenty of Indian spices - turmeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper, and one American spice, namely red chili powder with hotness of your taste and liking. Add chopped onions, celery, carrot, tomatoes (canned is fine) and couple of garlic cloves and salt. Set pressure on high and time about 30 minutes, and forget about it until you want to eat. Drizzle your preferred oil on you serving if you want. But you will never miss it with the spices present!
More about proteins: If one calculates Protein per Calorie (rather than per Gram), the foods with the highest protein/calories are all green vegetables! Far more than any meat! So if you eat lots of green vegetables you will never miss protein!

Scientific Fact: Only plants can make proteins by fixing nitrogen from air and soil. Animals including us can make only derived proteins from the plant proteins they consume!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

thanks Jaque. I have bought an Instant Pot - it had to come from the UK because my electricity is different to the USA. I love it, so does my husband.
I do cook, there's just been a lot of travel including overseas the last few months.
I am still planning on my vegan trial, but maybe only end of February, because I travel to the US again in 3 weeks.

Katiepants
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Katiepants »

How is the trial coming along? Did you finish it? I am curious to hear about the outcome. Thanks!
Apoe4/ Apoe4 40 years young :lol:
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Katie, I'm embarrassed to say I haven't yet but I do plan to!
Life and work kinda got in the way...
Katiepants
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Katiepants »

I hear ya. You sound pretty busy. I am new here and have been reading the primer. A lot og great info in it, thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to compile it!
Apoe4/ Apoe4 40 years young :lol:
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Stavia's Vegetarian very low fat trial

Post by Stavia »

Katiepants wrote:I hear ya. You sound pretty busy. I am new here and have been reading the primer. A lot og great info in it, thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to compile it!
Very welcome!!