Stavia's Vegetarian very low fat trial

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Stavia's Vegetarian very low fat trial

Post by SusanJ »

Hugs to you girlfriend. Can't imagine all the BS that is going on with the legal issues of your practice.

And it's always smart to listen to your body when it tries to tell you something.

Maybe we should all start posting funny jokes for the next month to make you laugh more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's one:

A tourist came into the medical center with a fishhook lodged deep in his hand. Since it was the weekend, the nurse had to summon the doctor from home.

The tourist was dismayed to see that the doctor was young, had long hair and wore sandals and a very casual shirt. "You don’t look much like a doctor to me," he said dubiously.

The doctor examined the hook in the tourist’s hand and responded, "And you don’t look much like a fish to me."
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

"I once ate a pea."

Attributed to George Bryan Brummell (1778-1840), 19th century British fashion leader
Slacker
E4/E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

:lol: We should have a dedicated jokes thread :)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
sylvieJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sylvieJ »

Yes!!! to Susan posting a joke!!! lol thanks Susan for the chuckle!

Sorry to hear about the stress you are experiencing Stavia. Makes sense that you are changing up your food plan to suit your current needs. I support you in your journey.

If you are looking for ways to de-stress, I have been experiencing wonderful benefits with Kundalini mantras and dance movement.
Try this.
1) Kundalini - there are mantras that can help clear energy and help with brain cognition as well.
Ganpati Kriya - exercise utilizes the primal sounds – and is meant to be practiced for greater attention, concentration, focus, improved short term memory, and better mood.
https://rama-tv.com/classes/ganpati-kriya/
You don't have to do the full 20 mins. You can just start with 3 mins. Just take a break from your day and tune in.

2) This one takes a little more courage and letting go.
At home, play one of your favourite songs, really loud (is how I like it) and just dance away. Just let your body express how it wants to move. Don't judge it. Just let your stress and emotions move through your body. And let go.
I went on a women's retreat to Guatemala earlier this year, and I learned this type of dance movement. The idea is to Remember. When we are in our bodies, we Remember that we are Wild, Wise and Free.
I love it so much! I would like to teach this dance movement to young girls.
If you need a little video to help get you started, here is the founder of this dance movement called Qoya.

If you need any help with these, please let me know. we can dance together via Skype!
Wishing you some days ahead with ease.
Sylvie
pguyer807
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pguyer807 »

Stavia,
I think think your trial is great! I have been looking for some inspiration to go back to this diet.
I have tried HFLC and my blood sugar is high (fasting over 100). I really think staying insulin
sensitive is key. My fasting blood sugar on LFHC diet was in high 70s.
I read such scary things about this diet that I just didn't stay on it. I supplemented b12 and DHA.
My cholesterol has never been a problem but family history of diabetes has.
I have been seeing a functional medicine physician for fatigue, sleep issues.
I am going to give this diet another chance. One size fits all does not apply to diet.
My 23 and me shows that I have vegetarian genes and my mother who is 92 has always leaned naturally away
from meat.
Thanks for the inspiration! Looking forward to your posts.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

thanks team!!
Off to our meetup in 24 hrs.

I will obviously continue to eat lots of veggies as I do already and Jafa will help me with protein powder.
The question for me will be what to do about grains. Wheat gives me migraines so definitely not. Quinoa is probably ok. What do you think about barley, spelt etc? Thoughts?
Its all very new to me.

ps There is a new local supplier of A2 organic non-homogenised Jersey herd milk. I can buy it at my local organic store. Very exciting. Thoughts about including small amounts with a bit of dark choc melted in it as a treat?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Speaking from an inflammatory perspective, rice is the least reactive grain for me. Just plain white rice (but not brown). I've also eaten forbidden rice without problem. Not as much protein as, say, quinoa, but a reasonable starch for me from time to time. I also tolerate buckwheat pretty well (cooked groats can be a good hot dish of whatever flavor you want to throw in). Quinoa, well, it seems to depend on the day, so I mostly avoid it now.

Have fun at the meetup! Gonna miss all you guys. Hugs!
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

I'm sure you know that barley and rye have gluten in them. At this point you may not if it's gluten or the wheat itself that causes the problem. Non-GMO corn may be a "grain" option for you.
Slacker
E4/E4
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Stavia, Oats are good .. so I'm told :lol: Have a great time at the meetup. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Stavia's Vegetarian very low fat trial

Post by Stavia »

slacker wrote:I'm sure you know that barley and rye have gluten in them. At this point you may not if it's gluten or the wheat itself that causes the problem. Non-GMO corn may be a "grain" option for you.
yup. I don't get migraines with Ryvita or barley in my soup. Weird. It's something in bread. Sourdough not as bad.

Corn not in season atm but will be in summer (5 months away.... I only eat local veggies and being two small islands, in my country, local means seasonal.)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk