Article About ApoE by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD.

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Article About ApoE by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD.

Post by CarrieS »

Interesting article by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD.

https://www.thepaleomom.com/genes-know-apoe/
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Article About ApoE by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD.

Post by Julie G »

Thanks for sharing, Carrie. Interesting article. For the most part, Dr. Ballantyne gives a nice overview and summary of the evidence. Some of her conclusions, however, aren’t necessarily supported by the most recent literature. For instance, her assertion that we seem unable to benefit from Omega-3 fatty acids has more recently been challenged with the notion that we may actually need MORE to reach the same benefit due to our perturbed fatty acid metabolism. Also, the fact that we should avoid eggs due to their cholesterol hasn’t been born out in studies.
Ladyjane
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Article About ApoE by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, PhD.

Post by Ladyjane »

Julie,

Do you have a link to the Omega 3 fatty acids research? I have supplemented with Ocean Blue Professional 2100 mg EPA/DHA for over ten years and have always tested for TG'S below 100. Recently, I added Walkabout Emu Oil to my daily supplementation. This brand of emu oil has a high concentration of DHA to EPA.

Happy to know I can eat eggs; however my food allergy test indicated I was intolerant of the egg white (the protein) but the egg yolks (the fat) were an approved food. The science of nutrition is forever and always complex.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk