Ashwagandha, Curcumin and Other Amyloid Interfering Supplements

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Ashwagandha, Curcumin and Other Amyloid Interfering Supplements

Post by Orangeblossom »

Have now been taking Longvida a week and interested to find I couldn't tolerate prozac with it- so have been able to cut down prozac to every three days. It seems to work well as an antidepressant for me. It is a bit mellower than prozac which is a nice change.
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by chrissyr »

Interesting Orangeblossom! Thanks for posting the observation!
udeskym
Contributor
Contributor

Post by udeskym »

Does anyone have a gauge or has tried the Terry Natural brand of Curcumin? it's a higher dose than the Natural Factors brand I was taking. I know this is a complicated supplement to decipher because of absorption but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

https://www.terrynaturallyvitamins.com/curamed-375-mg/
fahd
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fahd »

Hi Julie

Have you tried the Theracurmin supplement? What brand? Any comments to share? How does it compare with BCM-95?

Thanks
fahd
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fahd »

Hi Julie

Have you tried out Theracurmin as mentioned in your above post? How do you find it? Better than BCM-95?
fahd
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fahd »

Hi

After scouring the Web, I found the attached Theracurmin brand to be the best (90 mg curcumin/pill) and least expensive ($1.41/day) for a full dose of 90 mg twice a day as in the Study mentioned above. See attached screenshots.

1st Option $1.41/day for 180 mg in 2 pills
My Health Store

2nd option $1.50/day for 180 mg in 2 pills
Professional Supplement Center
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fahd
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fahd »

Please provide your comments or alternatives if anything better available. Thanks
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

udeskym wrote:Does anyone have a gauge or has tried the Terry Natural brand of Curcumin? it's a higher dose than the Natural Factors brand I was taking. I know this is a complicated supplement to decipher because of absorption but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

https://www.terrynaturallyvitamins.com/curamed-375-mg/
Hi udeskym;

Both Julie G and I have been on Curamed; I was on the high dose 750 mg twice a day. I am just starting the Theracurmin today after reading about it improving cognition in a small trial. Possibly linked in this thread (I didn't look first). If memory served, Julie noticed improved joint pain on the Curamed. I don't notice any improvement on any form of curcumin or tumeric that I've tried, although I'd be thrilled to have less joint pain and be smarter! I'm taking this class of supplement as an element of the Bredesen protocol which will hopefully all together improve my cognition.

A search on Curamed and Theracurmin will pop up other threads that may have discussed these forms of curcumin (in addition to the one we are currently in).
Slacker
E4/E4
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

fahd wrote:Please provide your comments or alternatives if anything better available. Thanks
Hi fahd;

Depends on what you mean by better. I recall other members posting about other forms of curcumin being superior for joint pain. These comments could very well be in different thread. The recently posted study on Theracurmin is the only study I'm aware of that shows cognitive improvement. Again, if I remember correctly, the sample size was small. There is no guarantee that each person who takes the supplement will notice improvement.

The Consumer Labs website does an excellent job of posting studies for various kinds of supplements. You can access their information for a small annual fee. You may find it a helpful resource for the type of question you asked above.
Slacker
E4/E4
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

Just a quick point: when I added Curcubrain 400mg to my stack (includes 2g DHA, 100mg Pycnogenol, 200mg GrapeSeed Extract) I began to cut myself shaving every day I and the bleeding took a while to stop. I've reduced the intake of all of the above.

Just be cautious, it's not often what's going on on the inside manifests on the outside. I was lucky.

Comments welcome.