How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Balvarez
New User
New User

Re: How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Post by Balvarez »

Hi to all,
Thank you very much for the information. I will try to perform the necessary laboratory tests for my mother (I don't know if can be all of them) and if I can contact a doctor trained in the protocol, I will let you know.
Congratulations for the forum and thank you very much to all, you are very helpful.
King regards,

CarrieS wrote:
Balvarez wrote:Does anyone know any Bredesen protocol-trained doctor in Spain?
I would greatly appreciate the information. It would be a pleasure to receive the treatment and share the results with everyone. Many thanks.
Hello Balvarez and Welcome to the Community,
I do not see a recommendation for a provider in Spain but maybe someone will see this and post a resource. In the mean time, our Primer is a great resource as an introduction to helpful strategies. The Wiki and this How To Guide are valuable resources to take a deeper dive into various topics and to help you learn to navigate the Forums. Please update us when you find a provider in Spain that you recommend.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Balvarez wrote: Thank you very much for the information.
You may not find a provider in Spain, but there are doctors in other countries who have taken the Bredesen training or who have read his book and are interested in the approach. Two recent MD posters are in Denmark; you can find their usernames in this thread. I've met two MDs in the UK who offered the protocol a few years ago, Drs Ayan Panja and Rangan Chatterjee.
Slacker
E4/E4
jane1067
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jane1067 »

Hello -

I’ve been going in circles with Dr. Bredesen’s folks regarding a ReCODE trained MD in Los Angeles. They have informed me there’s an MD in LA who accepts medical insurance (!) however they will not share that person’s name with me. I’ve been able to get Dr. Bredesen’s staff to answer whether the doctor is certified on the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) website and they informed me that, no, the physician is not. I for many months have been searching online unsuccessfully to find this non functional medicine MD who accepts insurance but am about to throw in the towel. Thought I would ask on this conversation board whether anyone might know who this doctor is? Thank you.
Melanie R.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Melanie R. »

jane1067 wrote:I’ve been going in circles with Dr. Bredesen’s folks regarding a ReCODE trained MD in Los Angeles. They have informed me there’s an MD in LA who accepts medical insurance (!) however they will not share that person’s name with me. I’ve been able to get Dr. Bredesen’s staff to answer whether the doctor is certified on the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) website and they informed me that, no, the physician is not. I for many months have been searching online unsuccessfully to find this non functional medicine MD who accepts insurance but am about to throw in the towel. Thought I would ask on this conversation board whether anyone might know who this doctor is? Thank you.
Hello jane1067,

I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to the forum. We are so glad you are here.

I hope you are able to find the information you are looking for. I've quoted your response here in hopes that someone can contribute to your question. It sounds like you've already done some great investigative research around finding the MD in LA who is ReCODE trained in the Los Angeles area.

If you would like to explore the forum further feel free to check out the Primer written by one of the doctors, Stavia that oversees this section. The Wiki is also a valuable tool to help you navigate that site.

Once again, welcome!

Warm regards,
Melanie
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (ReCODE)
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

jane1067 wrote:Hello -

I’ve been going in circles with Dr. Bredesen’s folks regarding a ReCODE trained MD in Los Angeles. I for many months have been searching online unsuccessfully to find this non functional medicine MD who accepts insurance but am about to throw in the towel. Thought I would ask on this conversation board whether anyone might know who this doctor is? Thank you.
Hi Jane,

You've asked a question that others have raised, and like most good questions, the answer is often a variation on "it depends".
The primary issue isn't whether a functional MD or "traditional" MD would "accept" insurance for the ReCODE protocol. It's usually the insurance company that doesn't "accept" paying for certain tests or supplements, or for the ReCODE report, which is a proprietary algorithm used by Dr. Bredesen and only specially available through AHNP: Precision Health.

Many of us on the forum do combine approaches. Some of us see a functional medicine (or integrative medicine) doctor who may not accept insurance for office visits, because of the time spent with patients, but who guides which tests to get and what to do with the results. Others may arrange a consultation with a functional medicine provider and then follow recommendations with only occasional follow-up.. Some of us use a traditional primary care provider and supplement that with online testing for specific issues based on our history and current symptoms.

Here's a forum conversation on this topic: Can I practice the Bredesen protocol without a trained practitioner? .

We have reviews of practitioners on our wiki here: ApoE4-Aware Healthcare Practitioners
and ideas on how to search (which you may have tried already!) here: Searching for a Health Practitioner

We hope the shared experiences and hard-won wisdom of our members can help you in your search for ways to keep a healthy brain. If you feel comfortable sharing specific question or issues you're facing, you may find lots of people who can offer their practices and results.
4/4 and still an optimist!
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

jane1067 wrote:Hello -

I’ve been going in circles with Dr. Bredesen’s folks regarding a ReCODE trained MD in Los Angeles. They have informed me there’s an MD in LA who accepts medical insurance (!) however they will not share that person’s name with me. I’ve been able to get Dr. Bredesen’s staff to answer whether the doctor is certified on the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) website and they informed me that, no, the physician is not. I for many months have been searching online unsuccessfully to find this non functional medicine MD who accepts insurance but am about to throw in the towel. Thought I would ask on this conversation board whether anyone might know who this doctor is? Thank you.
Welcome to the forum Jane1067,

As NF52 mentioned our Wiki page has a list of doctors who practice Dr. Bredensen's protocol. Unfortunately, I do not know any doctors in LA but by looking at the list, I can tell a few of them are located in your state.
Most doctors who practice in this space do not except insurance, but if you have out of network benefits you can submit the claim directly to your insurance health provider. The insurance, depend on your benefits, usually reimburse a small percentage but every little thing counts...

Many members work with their primary health physician who offers/ wills to prescribe a little more advance laboratory testing. If you choose to go that route, I think it will be helpful to hire a health coach, idyll trained in Dr. Bredesen protocol, who will help you to navigate the ReCode protocol.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to post if more concerns arise.

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
jane1067
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jane1067 »

Thank you, Magda. I appreciate your response.
jane1067
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jane1067 »

Thanks again, Magda and also to you Melanie. I will explore the info you provided.
bugalug777
New User
New User

Post by bugalug777 »

I'm looking for a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor near Georgetown, Texas. The Apollo website doesn't seem to be working, I keep getting stuck in loops that go nowhere. Left a message, no call back yet. Does anyone know of a practitioner in Texas?
Lidaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lidaz »

bugalug777 wrote:I'm looking for a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor near Georgetown, Texas. The Apollo website doesn't seem to be working, I keep getting stuck in loops that go nowhere. Left a message, no call back yet. Does anyone know of a practitioner in Texas?
Welcome bugalug777. We’re happy you found us!

I’m sorry to hear you have been having problems finding a Bredesen trained practitioner. I would like to refer you to the following two links on the Wiki section of this site which have information and guidance to help you source a practitioner.

Guide to Searching for a Healthcare Practitioner
and
Directory of ApoE4 Aware Healthcare Practitioners

If you haven’t already ready seen it, I recommend reading Dr. Bredesen’s latest book - The End of Alzheimer’s Programme.

As a new user, I thought I would forward a couple more links to help you navigate the site. The How-To Guide has tips for getting the most out of the discussion forums and the Primer which is written by a practicing M.D. with ApoE4/4 and is a great overview to ApoE4 and possible prevention strategies.

There is also the Our Stories forum which is a great place to connect with other members of the community. You may like to share more about your story and experience.

I hope you find the right practitioner for you!

Warm regards,
Lidaz
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach