How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Aryn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Post by Aryn »

Is there a way to get the names of practitioners without having to pay $75 to sign up for the ReCODE Report? Or do I need to sign up with a commitment of $75 per month for 12 months ($900) just to get names? My mother has just gotten a diagnosis in San Antonio, and I'm not getting a direct answer from Melissa at info@drbredesen.com. It seems like a rip off if they're charging money just to give out names of practitioners. I was so hopeful after reading Dr. Bredesen's book. . .
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Aryn wrote:Is there a way to get the names of practitioners without having to pay $75 to sign up for the ReCODE Report? Or do I need to sign up with a commitment of $75 per month for 12 months ($900) just to get names? My mother has just gotten a diagnosis in San Antonio, and I'm not getting a direct answer from Melissa at info@drbredesen.com. It seems like a rip off if they're charging money just to give out names of practitioners. I was so hopeful after reading Dr. Bredesen's book. . .
Aryn; this is really frustrating. I don't think they are trying to rip you off, it's more likely an overwhelm situation or providers that have completed the training not submitting info to share. It's hard to be patient in a situation like this. In the meantime, our primer and Bredesen's book have a lot of useful information to get you and your mother started.

Dr Sharon Hausman Cohen in Austin is Bredesen trained and CIRS knowledgeable. I know it's not San Antonio, but many of us don't have providers available where we live.

Any other members know of a provider in the San Antonio area that is doing the Bredesen protocol?
Slacker
E4/E4
Aryn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aryn »

chrissyr wrote:I had also been on that list to be called, however never was called and found the doctor myself who had attended a training. so it doesn't hurt to keep looking, there may be somebody there!
How did you find a doctor? I've searched online and haven't found anyone in San Antonio.
Aryn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aryn »

slacker wrote:
Aryn wrote:Is there a way to get the names of practitioners without having to pay $75 to sign up for the ReCODE Report? Or do I need to sign up with a commitment of $75 per month for 12 months ($900) just to get names? My mother has just gotten a diagnosis in San Antonio, and I'm not getting a direct answer from Melissa at info@drbredesen.com. It seems like a rip off if they're charging money just to give out names of practitioners. I was so hopeful after reading Dr. Bredesen's book. . .
Aryn; this is really frustrating. I don't think they are trying to rip you off, it's more likely an overwhelm situation or providers that have completed the training not submitting info to share. It's hard to be patient in a situation like this. In the meantime, our primer and Bredesen's book have a lot of useful information to get you and your mother started.

Dr Sharon Hausman Cohen in Austin is Bredesen trained and CIRS knowledgeable. I know it's not San Antonio, but many of us don't have providers available where we live.

Any other members know of a provider in the San Antonio area that is doing the Bredesen protocol?
Thank you, Slacker! Austin isn't too far away.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Aryn, agree- frustrating. I was under the impression that you could find out how far the nearest practitioner is before committing. Am I mistaken?
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote: I was under the impression that you could find out how far the nearest practitioner is before committing. Am I mistaken?
I believe this was a recent change. In the spring, I was able to do a search for a practioner who was nearby on MPI-Cognition website. And at that time, Melissa was still returning everyone´s phone calls, since there were fewer of us calling.
When I was looking for a doctor, I tried several times going to the website and finding a Practioner. Always got to a point where i had to pay before i got to access practioner list.

There is hope though! Since I took the training in Reversing Cognitive Decline with Dr Bredesen in March and have a ReCODE account, I get notifications of the updates. Most recently they said they are working on ¨the user-friendly aspect of the ReCODE Report”. Maybe that means that they will still require having a ReCODE acct to access the practitioner list, but maybe once they update the Practitioner list to include those who do TeleHealth , which they are working on, they will make it more widely available.

Seems like that would make sense, and cut down on the huge backlog of people who are calling MPI-Cognition because they can’t find a doctor. (And being frustrated because they are not getting their calls returned or finding the information on the website). The change to the patient ordering and paying for their own ReCODE Report is relatively new too. Before, the practitioner had the account.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Aryn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aryn »

Julie G wrote:Aryn, agree- frustrating. I was under the impression that you could find out how far the nearest practitioner is before committing. Am I mistaken?
Melissa Manning said I need to join before I can get names of practitioners. I'm not sure if I can sign up for just one month for $75 or if I have to make a 12 month commitment at $75 a month. Yesterday, I asked her for clarification and I haven't heard from her yet. I imagine I'll hear from her on Monday. I'd like to have a doctor assess my mother to determine if she's a candidate for the protocol before committing.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I agree that you should know if your Dad is a candidate before committing! I'm also under the impression that they'll let your know the distance of the nearest physician before asking for a commitment. They're working hard to keep up with demand and currently reviewing this policy. Please let us know what you find out, Aryn.
Aryn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aryn »

Julie G wrote:I agree that you should know if your Dad is a candidate before committing! I'm also under the impression that they'll let your know the distance of the nearest physician before asking for a commitment. They're working hard to keep up with demand and currently reviewing this policy. Please let us know what you find out, Aryn.
Thank you, Julie. I will.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

What on Earth could be the rationale for not allowing access to names of practitioners until you order a report? Something just doesn't sit right with this, or I'm missing something obvious? I've wondered what value the practitioners and reports add for the money to what's in the book. Maybe it explains that. I haven't had time to read it.

Can functional med doctors order labs, prescriptions, MRIs and the like and submit to insurance. That would be useful when a sympathetic primary care doc can't be found and in US states that don't allow direct to consumer lab orders.

I gather the reports tell you what type of AD you have or at at risk of, but I'm guessing in e4s it's relatively safe to assume all of them.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.