How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Post by circular »

I'm still a bit confused about something (admittedly extremely pressed for time atm so may have missed it) ... Can you get the recode report and work with it without hiring a practitioner?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm still a bit confused about something (admittedly extremely pressed for time atm so may have missed it) ... Can you get the recode report and work with it without hiring a practitioner?
Great question, Circ. For prevention, that would be an excellent idea! Many (most) of the basic tests we can order ourselves. Why not send an email to: info@drbredesen.com and ask?
rat8the8rat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rat8the8rat »

You're welcome Jan. Yes, things move too slow, and then suddenly they move real quickly. I'm just trying to keep up most of the time. ; ) Kathy

uote="Jan"]
rat8the8rat wrote:So I received an e-mail from Melissa with Dr. Bredesen and their ReCode website is live and you can join, and she let me know how many ReCODE trained practitioners there were in my area ahead of time (Dallas-Fort Worth, TX). See below the e-mail (in case you haven't received it) and it has website links (I hope those will come through in this post) on how to find a local practitioner in your area and how to get on ReCODE.

Melissa Manning
MPI Cognition Coordinator
(800) 450-0805
http://www.drbredesen.com

Wow, things move fast on this site. Thank you for posting, Kathy![/quote]
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Thanks for all the information. Sounds like they are overwhelmed with interest.

I still can't quite make out the websites. I did find the ReCODE sign-up page. But I would like to know that there are some training practitioners in the Baltimore/Annapolis area before committing. I'll keep reading, but right now I'm not exactly sure what I'm signing up for.

Reading more.....
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

I must be a little slow understanding the process.

So first sign up at MPI for the ReCODE report $75/month for 1 year.

Get the list of providers. Make an appointment. Discuss fees.

Then, the labs are organized, data entered, and report generated? and the report suggests the way forward?

Is that right?

My mom is less and less mobile so I'm not sure if there are providers with openings close enough.

There was some sort of video explaining this, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Tom, they will let you know how many providers are near you before signing up. Why not reach out to learn this info and clarify remaining questions? (800) 450-0805 or info@drbredesen.com
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Hi Julie! I sent an email last week. My dad did too. Sounds like they are just overwhelmed with emails and calls. So I put another call in today. We'll be patient. (PS - a while back my dad actually offered to send their GP for training....my family has been with this practice for generations....but he wasn't interested, or politely thought it wasn't a good idea. Understandable. But too bad, sounds like he'd have our whole region to himself.) Tom
Wondering
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Wondering »

So, I have been on the waiting list to be notified once their database was online, and have received the email this morning. It requires a $900 commitment just to get access to the provider list.

I could understand some type of fee to access the software, etc once I am working directly with a Bredeson trained doctor and am on the protocol. But before I even have a name to investigate? (Will my insurance cover them? How much will I be paying out of pocket for the doctor's time? Are we a personality match? Not to mention their price for the testing, etc.)

I am willing to spend some money to get professional support (with the testing, especially), but I am not wealthy.

I can't think of any other example of a training organization that charges patients a fee to see the list of providers who have taken their training.

Frustrating.

:(
E3/E4, both parents had LOAD
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

I got a call from MPI. They were very helpful, and told me how many practitioners were in my general area. I did have to give some thought to the up-front fee. But this helps. Keeping in mind that they have a budding business to support.
bblatnik57
New User
New User

Post by bblatnik57 »

I have exchanged emails with Dr. Bredesens company and at this point, you must commit to the $900 for the year before getting access to the Physician list. I am ok to not see the Physician list, if we just learned more about my questions below. If any of you are in the protocol, can you share approx costs etc...

Below is my last email to them sharing the challenges with committing before gathering a little more information.

I would like to commit, but the challenge from a patient point of view is that without knowing:
1. a list of doctors that are certified
2. a typical cost of 1st consult and how often follow up visits are needed.
3. Cost of the types of panels needed and how often they are rerun. Pet scans etc…
I realize that these may vary based on the level of progression per patient, but there has to be some info on costs for a non-symptom patient 1st time protocol.