How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How to find a Bredesen protocol-trained doctor

Post by Sara »

Welcome bblatnik57 and thank you for visiting the apoe4.info site. Costs can be so wide ranging... I certainly understand your frustration and would like to share with you what little I know in this regard. My knowledge at this point is based on the Bredesen trained Functional Medicine practitioner . You can go to the Institute for Functional Medicine website "ifm.org" and search for a practitioner and then look through the Advanced Finder for specialization in the Bredesen protocol. You might also start a new post on this website, identify where you are located and ask if anyone knows of a Bredesen trained practitioner in your area. Functional Medicine doctors typically charge by the hour and I have seen rates range between $200 to $300 dollars per hour with the first visit being two to three hours in length. You will need to budget extra dollars for various tests that may not be covered by insurances.

If costs are prohibitive or you just want to learn more, this website, specifically the "Primer" viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418 as well as Dr. Bredesen' new book The End of Alzheimer's are excellent places to learn more about strategies for cognitive health enhancement.

Kindest Regard,
Sara
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Fiver »

Sara - you are awesome! That works! I can't tell you how much this helps. :D :D :D :D :D

At first I wondered if this was somehow being sneaky.

But then I realized - IFM website access was part of my registration for the Dynamic Brain conference in June, so it is natural that I would have access regardless. That's the whole reason the IFM list is there, to search for practitioners with certain skills, after all. Also, since none of the practitioners would operate without the services of the website and database we will, of course, be signing up as intended. It won't change the fact that we'll pay to sign up. So I don't feel like we're being sneaky.

Instead it feels so nice to simply have some names in hand, know they are close enough that my mom might travel that far (that's quite a negotiation), and feel a little more in control of things.

Thank you. My dad thanks you. You made our week.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Quick reminder: Advertising and self-promotion aren’t allowed per our Community Guidelines. We do understand that members are actively seeking Bredesen-trained practitioners. At our upcoming board of directors meeting we are going to discuss the word "unsolicited" as well as the overall policy as it relates to clinicians. More to come - thanks for your patience.
ruby
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ruby »

Hello,

Like others here I am trying to get a practitioner list from Melissa Manning. This cannot be done without signing up for the ReCODE report, along with the $900 commitment (although they say they will provide you with a list if there is a cost concern, which does not seem to be an option). I have asked a few times now.

I am not sure if this is allowed here, but I am seeking a recommendation for a provider in the SF Bay Area (Oakland/Berkeley/SF, etc).

Thank you for your consideration.

RR
Last edited by ruby on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, ruby! We are inadvertently running into violations of our Community Guidelines with practitioners "advertising" services here. We plan to discuss at our BOD meeting on Sunday. We'll post a policy one we've sorted it out. Thanks to all for your patience on this issue.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Welcome Ruby!

While you are looking for a Bredesen oriented provider, Bredesen's book The End of Alzheimer's is a wealth of information, much of which can be implemented now. You can also read our primer, written by one of our MD members, to learn more about approaches to improving cognitive health. The link is:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

And when you are ready, you can introduce yourself in the "Our Stories" forum.
Slacker
E4/E4
ruby
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ruby »

Julie G wrote:Welcome, ruby! We are inadvertently running into violations of our Community Guidelines with practitioners "advertising" services here. We plan to discuss at our BOD meeting on Sunday. We'll post a policy one we've sorted it out. Thanks to all for your patience on this issue.
Thank you! I completely understand.
ruby
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ruby »

slacker wrote:Welcome Ruby!

While you are looking for a Bredesen oriented provider, Bredesen's book The End of Alzheimer's is a wealth of information, much of which can be implemented now. You can also read our primer, written by one of our MD members, to learn more about approaches to improving cognitive health. The link is:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

And when you are ready, you can introduce yourself in the "Our Stories" forum.
Thank you so much!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

ruby wrote:Like others here I am trying to get a practitioner list from Melissa Manning. This cannot be done without signing up for the ReCODE report, along with the $900 commitment (although they say they will provide you with a list if there is a cost concern, which does not seem to be an option). I have asked a few times now.
RR

Hi ruby, I'd also like to welcome you to the forum! I know several people are trying to get more information about practitioners in their areas. Every few months, a new group of practitioners is trained in the Bredesen protocol. I hope that you and all the others can get your questions answered soon, and find a suitable practitioner close to home.

Good health to you,
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by chrissyr »

Ruby, check Sara's and Tom's posts right before yours, Sara mentioned how to look up practitioners and Tom said it worked for his area, maybe you could get some success that way?