Ideal Anti-Fragile Exercise Program?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
bexnews
Contributor
Contributor

Ideal Anti-Fragile Exercise Program?

Postby bexnews » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:14 am

So I think we carriers of APOE4 understand that possessing the gene increases the risk for a number of health issues. It seems there is consensus on walking and aerobic exercise being beneficial but what about weight training and HIIT?

I have seen the studies that suggest that weight training can have lots of benefits as we age, regardless of APOE4 status. I have been doing a kettlebell program for a few years now and also light (trampoline) and HIIT aerobic exercise (kicking bag). I also like efficiency in exercise. Kettlebells are great because they are whole body exercise. I am looking into a new workout program that is very efficient at building strength but integrates hypertrophy, which I am not sure is a good thing given IGF concerns. Maybe IGF is only a dietary concern. Thoughts?

slacker
Mod
Mod

Re: Ideal Anti-Fragile Exercise Program?

Postby slacker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Dr Bredesen recommends a combination of aerobic and weights in his new book; doesn't specifically address HIIT. You can search our site for prior posts on HIIT by selecting the 3 vertical "dots" in the upper right hand corner and using the search function. A lot of entries pop up, but it might be fruitful for you. I doubt that there is any consensus on the subject!
Slacker
E4/E4

Return to “Prevention and Treatment”