Bone broth? Organ meats?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bone broth? Organ meats?

Post by CarrieS »

SusanJ wrote:I grew up eating liver, so I don't have an issue with the taste. Something about being on a farm and using everything, and I mean everything, except the brains. My mom drew the line there. :lol:

Circ, one of the food bloggers I follow suggested hiding a bit of liver in with other ground meat. If you still eat beef, you could try hiding a little of that pâté in a well-seasoned burger patty or use a recipe for sausage, which would add stronger seasonings. You can do it sister!
I also grew up on a farm raising our own meat so I like all of the "weird" stuff too. I've purchased grass fed cow liver, ground it up and froze it in ice cube trays to have to add to burgers, chili, etc. It's a handy solution. The liver is a little grainy so be careful not to add a lot to the meat or you'll probably notice it.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
betterfatburner
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bone broth? Organ meats?

Post by betterfatburner »

I can't overdo either because of histamine issues, but they're still on my menu. I do feel that consuming organ meats has a lot more to offer than flank meats and the like. Unfortunately, I did not grow up eating organs and so I never acquired a taste for them. As an alternative, I supplement with Dr. Ron's Organ Delight.