Surgery/Hospitalization Tips for E4s

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Surgery/Hospitalization Tips for E4s

Post by Gilgamesh »

Paul, so sorry to hear about this. My dad has experienced something similar, and it's been scary. Keep us posted!

Same goes for circular and Lilly. Will be thinking of you.

xo
GB
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Paul: :-O Dude. I'm SO incredibly sorry you've recently been to hellenbach. But, this?
...i have since been told these were a normal anomaly...and i have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.
Golden to my eyes. Seriously. To travel from a potential narrowing of your cerebral blood vessels to "normal anomaly"...which is possibly (Stavia would know better than I) congenital, I'm thinking? Yeah. That's the brain vessel lottery right there IMHO. Of course, it doesn't make dealing with your symptoms any easier. You mending, now?

Circ! Thank you, honey bunny! And, ermawgerd. Thyroid surgery? What we talkin'? A thyroidectomy? I'm asking, cuz that's exactly what my mom had when she was 'round 42. Had a huge goiter on her thyroid and had to have a large part of her it removed. SO. My heart is with you! Please let us know.

(((Starfishy))) Thank you, too! You are the bestest...thanks for the completely reassuring thoughts on the propofol. Girl, I've probably had it, too, and had no idea. All I knew of it before Jewel mentioned it was that that's what bought Michael Jackson the farm. With any anesthesia, though, whether general or conscious sedation, I've never had that first issue. I woke up promptly and could recount precisely what happened up to the moment I drifted off. Mind, I was a lot younger...ya know. That ol' e4 is wasted on the young thing.

(((Stavy))) ;) First, Last, and Always. Just like Sisters of Mercy. ;)

GilgaM - thank you, dearest dearling. I truly appreciate your kind and caring sentiment. :D
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Paul, I was in the same boat. Learned the maneuver and used it quite frequently for a while.

I am an N=1, but since I have done some gut healing and tackled histamine, I have only had one minor spell of vertigo in the last few years. I am convinced that lowering my overall histamine load has made a difference, because my last spell came in the middle of a higher histamine load period (tree pollen and food exposure). Don't know whether you have DAO or HNMT variants, or your methylation status, or if you are sensitive to seasonal allergies and/or high-histamine foods, but working on histamine seems to have given me a side benefit of very little vertigo.

Hope you feel better soon. I know well the feeling of just hanging on until the room stops moving...
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

Paul, Lilly just want to send virtual hugs and healing vibes. <3
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

LillyB hope you get this! Best of luck tomorrow as I'm sure you will have. Will be thinking of you. Not sure if I'll need thyroid surgery or not, but if so hopefully I can keep at least part if not all of the thyroid itself. Have a nodule that may cause issues if it doesn't come out at some point so it may just be a matter of time?

Paul how you comin' along?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
pgf54
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pgf54 »

Once again thanks for asking and the well wishes. I will keep it brief so i am not off topic and i dont want to turn this into a dizzy blog.
Three weeks down the track and no longer spinning but lots instability, computer and television make me dizzy, cant read or concentrate, some brain fog. Legs vary from being nearly ok to jelly like and walking under water. Using a stick and cant drive but taking each day as it comes. Tinnitus and some nausea..... Has done my mums self esteem a good turn, as instead of me looking after her and her AD, she accompanies me on walks in case i fall lol.........Cannot see a Otolarngology man until late August........My Dr says bppv may take weeks to recover from and can return any time.
Fortunately i am now a whizz at the Epley manouvre and Brandt Daroff exercises...............Although most of the nasties were ruled out with brain ct scans and mri and a whole gamut of cardiac tests it is hard at times not to let an anxiety component take over, especially as i like to be in control...................Thanks again for well wishes , i am still keeping up with whats going on in here Paul :)
Don't wait for your ship to come in, row out to meet it.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Paul, thanks for keeping us posted. We're concerned. And blog away! No worries. (You can always start a separate thread.)

From (almost exactly) the other side of the planet,
GB
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Oh dear Paul. Yes it can take weeks to settle. The main thing is the MRI is ok so its not a central cause (ie in the brain) ..Sending good thoughts across the ditch xxx
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Wow I've had many short episodes over the years, and I've known walking around the house while leaning on walls, but I didn't realize it could go on this long. Glad you're at least progressing. Have you tried some OTC nausea medicine like meclazine? In my worst episode a friend of ours who was an ER doc, then cardiologist, then dermatologist, who himself had episodes of this, is who recommended it to me. When my mom got a case I suggested it and she wouldn't take it because I wasn't a doctor. Thankfully then her own doctor suggested it. It might help expedite things. You may feel tired and from it while it settles things down. We have a "less drowsy" version. Perhaps you're concerned about being tired out while watching over your mom.

I may need to start a thyroid thread under other conditions. No immediate surgery. Didn't like the doc and now have to find another. Needing to research all my docs and medical conditions is gradually taking over my entire life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

(((Paul))) not good when the caretaker falls down :shock: I had a brief episode years ago- terrifying. I'm sending good thoughts and healng energy your way.

Circ, hope your thyroid news was good? Healing energy being sent your way too ❤️