reversing early memory loss

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
connie zweig
Contributor
Contributor

reversing early memory loss

Post by connie zweig »

hi all, i began to notice changes i my memory (forgot appointments, conversations, etc) and I freaked because my father had alzheimer's. i want to share with you a success story -- i'm 68 and my memory is now like a 15-year-old's.
already gluten-free and dairy-free for decades, i eliminated most grains too. as a result, my A1C dropped into normal range.
oxygenation: did 10 sessions in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber and upped my cardio on treadmill.
went on all brain products from Apex Energetics -- as well as two nootropics: piracetam and PQQ.
inflammation: reduced it by eliminating all shellfish and nightshades, adding liquid tumeric and fresh tumeric root to stirfrys.
extreme dental hygiene: see the Buck Institute study on lifestyle changes and memory loss!! Oral infections go to the brain.

i'm open to questions.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: reversing early memory loss

Post by Jan »

Connie, welcome to the site. You’re an inspiration! It’s so wonderful that you have adopted so many healthful practices.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
Erdene
New User
New User

Post by Erdene »

Thank you for the inspiration. I find myself feeling dumb and helpless even though I am trying to become ketogenic. Of course, my husband thinks I have gone off the deep end and is resistant to any change in diet or grocery shopping habits. I have been afraid to tell my current MD about wanting lab tests and what for. How did you ever get hyperbaric treatments approved - by who and where? What was the cost, if I am not being too personal?

We can all use encouragement as it seems like a very lonely road. I did not find out the reason for my memory loss until I had requested an MRI that was done last year. Now it seems very clear what is happening as it showed volume loss and white matter disease. My mother had lewy body disease and Parkinson's.

Thanks....
connie zweig
Contributor
Contributor

Post by connie zweig »

maybe show your husband the research results from the Buck Institute study in Novato, Ca?
http://www.buckinstitute.org/buck-news/ ... s-reversed

i paid $1000 for 10 hyperbaric sessions.
best to you.
raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj »

Hi Connie,

welcome to the forum. We are glad to have success stories like you and we all would like to have you tell us more about yourself so everybody gets to know more about you and your triumphant record of health and wellness with particular reference to cognitive health.

I would like to invite you to the primer of this site written by Dr Stavia which has a lot of related and relevant information together at one spot and you are only one click away which is given in the below link.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

If you are looking for any specific topic or subject you may also try the search or wiki contained within the three stacked boxes in the top right hand corner of this page, and any questions you face may be put on the forum and someone will answer you.

we are glad to have you join our group and look forward to sharing more of your success stories.

welcome again

raj
raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raj »

Erdene wrote:Thank you for the inspiration. I find myself feeling dumb and helpless even though I am trying to become ketogenic. Of course, my husband thinks I have gone off the deep end and is resistant to any change in diet or grocery shopping habits. I have been afraid to tell my current MD about wanting lab tests and what for. How did you ever get hyperbaric treatments approved - by who and where? What was the cost, if I am not being too personal?

We can all use encouragement as it seems like a very lonely road. I did not find out the reason for my memory loss until I had requested an MRI that was done last year. Now it seems very clear what is happening as it showed volume loss and white matter disease. My mother had lewy body disease and Parkinson's.

Thanks....
Hello Erdene

welcome to the forum and we are all glad to have you join us. Here it is a big group of people who are very knowledgeable, qualified and experienced and care and share with no reservations.

I like to invite you the primer of this site which has an immense amount of information and much more relevant to ApoE4s.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1418

you may also try the search and wiki tools which are contained within the three stacked boxes in the top right hand corner of this page. If you face any question as you go please post them on the forum and someone will come back to you with answers.

we all would like to know more about you and if you may wish to share more with us please go to the
" Board Index " in the top left hand corner of this page within which you will find " Our Stories " and further in there you will find " New Topic " which will open a test box editor where you can put all you wish to and then " submit"

we are glad to have you join our group. welcome again

raj
fahd
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fahd »

Hi , I'm a new member. Was reading about theCurcuWin tumeric from Active Health in one of the articles in the Wiki. Can somebody share where I can buy this product. Thks
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

hi Fahd, welcome to our community.
I personally buy all my supplements from iHerb online. Other members who live in the US may go to actual stores.
We don't endorse one specific brand, but I encourage you to look at examine.com and understand how difficult it is for naturally occuring curcumin in tumeric to be absorbed and how this can be enhanced - either by adding piperazine and some sort of fat, or by using a modified curcumin which is absorbed easier, of which there are a few kinds.
Members have shared which brands they prefer - you can use the search function to find the discussions. (three vertical dots on the right hand side next to your login name)
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Hi fahd,

Welcome to the Forum! I agree with Stavia's comments on the difficulty in absorbing curcumin. I'm not sure which country you live in, but if you decide that you want to buy the CurcuWin products, it looks like they are available to be ordered on Amazon if that is available to you.

We are glad you have found this community, and I think you will find lots of answers to your questions, so keep asking. And if you'd like to tell us a little bit about yourself, click here, and then click on "New Topic" at the top left. And if you want to learn more about individual topics covered, be sure to check out the Primer.

Good health to you!
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
fahd
Contributor
Contributor

Post by fahd »

Hi Stavia and JML

Thanks for your quick response which was very informative and helpful. I searched online and found the following discussion interesting as a regards the benefits of different brands of CircuWin. Maybe this might be of interest to some of the other members. Link attached.

http://www.petesplacenutritionalsupplem ... a.html?m=1

BTW I live in Tuscon, AZ. I presently use the CVS brand of curcumin. Nutrition details attached. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
[img]
20171126_125742.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.