Supplement info

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
yikes0118
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Supplement info

Post by yikes0118 »

Thank you floramaria....I appreciate you sharing what you are using. I did stumble upon iHerb and like what I was reading:-)
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

You're welcome!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Hi Yikes.
Looks like you already have lots of great suggestions for finding quality supplement brands. Adding my 2 cents, I also use Pure Encapsulations, Thorne, Jarrow for Magnesium threonate and Douglas Labs for Ashwagandha (because this brand offers higher withanolide content). I use Metagenics when I can find it for certain supplements including their multivitamin and a product called SPM Active (for inflammation).

Another approach I have used for finding quality supplements, is taking a look at research studies to see which brand they're using (esp when the study isn't funded by that manufacturer). ConsumLab is a great resource, but some of the brands I have researched and settled on haven't been tested by them. I wish..
Grace
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Grace »

My go-tos are Amazon, VitaCost, and Whole Foods. Through these I've found most everything in the book.