Brain HQ

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Brain HQ

Post by JML »

circular wrote: Just curious when you do it?
Circular--I usually do it in the evening. Probably not when my brain is at its sharpest, but it works best for me. I learned that you can't do it after taking the evening magnesium and progesterone doses though! Not good to be nodding off when birds and butterflies and flowers are flashing by on the screen! :lol:
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
GritMom
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GritMom »

If I don't do it in the morning before my day begins (but after coffee!), I find I am yanked away from all intentions of giving it a solid go. I also perform better in the morning, and, since I'm the first one up, there are many fewer interruptions!
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

circular wrote:You’re all inspiring me to use this. I dabbled a little in the past but have a terrible time structuring it into my day. Just curious when you do it? Maybe I could aim for the same time and feel it was a group activity :)
Circular, this is the kind of suggestion I find very useful, and, I was just noticing today that I should probably be doing some of this on a regular schedule, not sure which website. I am so new I hesitate to jump in (lots to get used to doing) but see that this is highly recommended for progress. Not sure I am good at matching a schedule, either, but I congratulate you on the good suggestion.

What time zone are you in? Would we be dealing with days/nights to work together?

I am all about simple helps for practical application. Sometimes a little impetus goes a long way.

Drae
Drae -- floundering forward, everlasting beginner.
Poco a poco. it don't work if you don't do it.
JulieG: Sticking with it slowly.
G.K. Chesterton: Practice makes progress.
A thing worth doing well is worth doing badly at first.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

drae wrote:
...., I was just noticing today that I should probably be doing some of this on a regular schedule, not sure which website. I am so new I hesitate to jump in (lots to get used to doing) but see that this is highly recommended for progress.

Drae
Hi drae,

If you browse around BrainHQ, you’ll get an option to sign up for “The Daily spark” which you then get as an email. It doesn’t give you full access to the site and the brain training, but seems to be offered as an enticement, so that once you get used to doing some brain training regularly, you might decide to bump it up into a yearlong ,full-access subscription. The Daily Spark would give you a chance to begin poco a poco , and see how you like the exercises. And another benefit is that it is free. :D

Flora
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
drae
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by drae »

I joined and bought a year at $66, their Holiday special. I thought if I am going to do it I would get the package where they make suggestions and make sure I take it seriously.
Drae -- floundering forward, everlasting beginner.
Poco a poco. it don't work if you don't do it.
JulieG: Sticking with it slowly.
G.K. Chesterton: Practice makes progress.
A thing worth doing well is worth doing badly at first.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Good for you, drae. Consciously planning it into your life increases motivation.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.