mag threonate "bad trip"

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
CoachMT
Contributor
Contributor

Re: mag threonate "bad trip"

Post by CoachMT »

ToriLynn1982 wrote:I was having the same symptoms- auditory and visual hallucinations, twice today.. so I googled it and found this forum. So disappointing because it works for me and helps me focus. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me. I am on my third dose. I also had a hard time sleeping last night. Glad to know I am not the only one!
Welcome to the ApoE4.Info site Tori!

It’s great to have you join the community and we’re so glad your google search pointed you to this thread! This forum is a great place to share ideas, compare notes, get input and advice, and connect with fellow members- glad you found us!

It looks like you’ve had an opportunity to click around the site a bit already and learn and be reassured by community member experiences. If you haven’t seen it already, the primer is a great place to learn about the resources available on the ApoE4.info site that you may want to incorporate into your own learning journey. Additionally, you may also be interested in checking out Our Stories forum to share your own story and learn about fellow members.

In the meantime, feel free to keep us posted on how you are doing and don't be afraid to ask when you have questions! Best, Mandy
-Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline (FMCA)
-Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
-National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
Emily C
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Emily C »

Thank you to everyone who has chimed in about mag threonate and Anne, for starting this conversation. I too had a bad reaction to it. So very grateful to know that I'm not the only one. Thank you everyone!
anne from california
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anne from california »

For whatever it's worth, I can take magnesium glycinate with no issues. But I've had to give up all forms of hormone therapy because I can't tolerate the progesterone in any delivery method and can't take any form of sleep aids. I discussed this with Dr. Anne Hathaway (hormone FMD) last summer, and she didn't seem concerned about it--she said it was just the way my brain receptors were apparently organized. She also said sometimes when people are taking a low dose of something that's designed to be taken at a higher dose, these kinds of reactions can occur. "But it's really hard to persuade someone who's had a bad reaction that they might need to take MORE," she said. Yup, I replied. (My bad reaction to mag threonate happened on one-third of a dose and there is no way in hell I would ever take three times the amount!)
60 years old, ApoE 3/3, mother and grandmother have/had late-onset dementia, eager to save brain and optimize health.
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!