Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

Slacker Thanks for picking up on this. I have added the references to my post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:
J11 wrote: circ, I nominate you to try the silicade and do the urine test for aluminum.
We need to all work together.
Oh! I just found it J11! I had lost track of this thread and see I have pages to catch up with. I've gotten my notifications down from 200+ to 184 :roll: Should be interesting when the forum has 10,000+ members!

So what do we need, someone to do a decent urine metals test that includs aluminum before drinking silicade, then again after? Yikes, I think that's hundreds for two urine metal tests? Maybe apoe4.info needs to have a kickstarter campaign to found experiments :idea: :D

Is there an supposed upper limit to silicon ingestion? (Maybe it's later in this thread.)
Circular and J11 - Here is some data I just found on silica water and elimination of aluminum. I just watched a video of a talk Dr. Exley did in California in September 2017. He has a graph of a healthy person who drank silica water on 2 occasions and then measured how much aluminum was excreted in their urine. I have attached the graph. I wish there was more data about the graph. The video is at liveaware.com. You can watch one video for free. He talks about the graph around the 21 minute mark. Here is what he said about the graph, a healthy volunteer drank Volvic water on 2 separate sunday mornings. They drank 1 1/2 litres of Volvic water and measured the aluminum content of their urine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jan wrote:Here's a report from the ASTDR - Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. It is a light metal.

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/substances/to ... p?toxid=34

Excerpt:
Affected Organ Systems: musculoskeletal, neurological, respiratory

Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earth's crust. It is always found combined with other elements such as oxygen, silicon, and fluorine. ... often mixed with small amounts of other metals to form aluminum alloys, which are stronger.

And here is where it places on ASTDR's Substance Priority List: https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/spl/
(based on combination of frequency, toxicity, and potential for human exposure ...) number 183
The ASTDR needs to move aluminum near the top of this list. We all need to spread the word that aluminum is neurotoxic and accumulates in people's bodies over time. Some people accumulate it faster than other people. It is an etiological factor in Alzheimer's, Autism, Cardiovascular disease and some cancers (breast and prostate). Most recently it has been linked to Multiple Sclerosis. https://www.hippocraticpost.com/innovat ... sclerosis/
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

laurie, thank you for staying with the aluminum story and for the video suggestion.
It would help our cause so much if there were some way to create a financial model for the needed silica
research to be done.

I find {and others might notice this as well} that it usually takes a few hints to make a life style change.
For instance I have not yet bought the Fiji water, though it is stocked in local stores. It might take me a while more to
assemble all the pieces and make it to the store and buy this, though I am now in the process of achieving this.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Dr Exley has teamed up with Spritzer and I am hopeful he will get some funding from them. He has gotten funding recently for studies on Autism and multiple sclerosis from another source.
Starting something new is difficult. We all have to figure out what motivates us.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:
J11 wrote: circ, I nominate you to try the silicade and do the urine test for aluminum.
We need to all work together.
Some good news you won't need to expose yourself to aluminum and here is why - it's been done. There is a study by Edwardson (reference below) where people ingested aluminum with and without silica water and the amount of aluminum excreted in urine was measured. The amount of aluminum in blood plasma was lowered on average 10 fold when drinking silica water. Also aluminum has been measured in people's urine when they drank 1 litre of silica water per day and when they didn't drink silica water. In this case without silica water 25 mcg's of aluminum were excreted and when drinking 1 litre of silica water 40 mcg's were excreted.

Here is a referenced write up my husband Dennis N Crouse (the chemist) did.

Dissolved Silica is Essential for Humans

In humans the complexation of OSA with aluminum hydroxide dimer to form HASB occurs in the blood (pH 7.4), kidney lumen, (pH 6.5 to 8.0) and cerebrospinal fluid (pH 7.33). The formation of HASB protects humans from aluminum toxicity by facilitating the excretion of aluminum in urine and perspiration51,52. It has been shown that a diet that includes a mineral water high in OSA facilitates both the urination and perspiration pathways for aluminum excretion53.

The best way to measure the effect of OSA on aluminum absorption and excretion is to feed humans radioactive ionic aluminum-26 with and without OSA supplementation and follow its level in blood plasma over a period of time. This test is risky for volunteers who participate, as aluminum-26 decays so energetically that its recommend storage is in a chamber lined with 2 inches of lead54. In spite of this danger, J. A. Edwardson in 1993 found that OSA (100uM/L = 96ppm) in orange juice laced with isotopic aluminum-26 lowers human blood plasma levels by 10 fold on average compared with the same human volunteers drinking aluminum-26 laced orange juice without OSA55. In order to measure how quickly absorbed aluminum is excreted in the urine, a healthy volunteer’s aluminum level in urine was measured hourly after drinking 1.5 liters of 48ppm OSA56. This data is below.
alumium in urine figure 6 part 2.jpg
aluminum silica urine.jpg

Effect of OSA on aluminum in blood plasma and urine55,56
Above Graph – Aluminum levels in blood: Five healthy volunteers (A-D) first drank orange juice containing aluminum-26 without OSA and (solid lines) then several days later drank the same aluminum-26 laced orange juice with OSA (dashed lines)55. Right Graph – Aluminum levels in urine: One healthy volunteer drank 1.5 liters of OSA (48ppm) and then repeated the test at least one week later by drinking another 1.5 liters of OSA (48ppm) 56.
In 2013 14 people (6 males age 59-79 and 8 females age 63-77), without Alzheimer’s disease, drank 1 liter per day of silica rich water (approximately 100ppm of OSA) for 12 weeks51. Before taking silica rich water both males and females excreted on average approximately 25mcg (range 9-46mcg) of aluminum per day in their urine. Within the first week of daily drinking silica rich water 13 of the 14 participants had an increase in both urinary aluminum and silica excretion with both males and females excreting approximately 40mcg (range 16-58mcg) of aluminum per day. At 12 weeks all participants had decreased urinary aluminum as compared with the level observed after 1 week. Also over the 12 week period there was no significant change in both male and female iron and copper urinary excretion.

We can conclude that the effect of OSA in silica water on aluminum in blood plasma, as diagrammed in figure 6, is due primarily to increased urinary excretion of absorbed aluminum. Enhanced excretion of aluminum occurs within hours of ingesting OSA and with continued ingestion of OSA over three months accumulated aluminum is significantly decreased in the body.

51. Davenward, S., et al.; Silicon-rich mineral water as a non-invasive test of the ‘aluminum hypothesis’ in Alzheimer’s disease; J. Alzheimer’s Dis.; 33(2):423-30 (2013)
52. Minshal, C., et al.; Aluminum in human sweat; J. Trace elem. Med. Biol.; 28:87-88 (2014)
53.Exley, C.; Aluminum toxicity: a major threat to brain health; Alzheimer’s and Dementia Summit; Hosted by J. Landsman; July 31 (2016)
54 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium-26
55 Edwardson, J.A., et al.; Effect of silicon on gastrointestinal absorption of aluminum; The Lancet; 342(8865):211-12 (1993)
56 Exley, C.; Dinner Keynote Speech; Living Healthy in a Toxic World – LiveAware Conference; California; Sept. (2017)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
rrmolo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rrmolo »

What is a good silica water?
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Fiji or Spritzer. Both are around 100 PPM.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
roerhin
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roerhin »

I have been trying multiple aluminum-free/natural deodorants for years and all have seemed to be pretty ineffective except one I recently found... It's Pit Pourri Enzyme Deodorant by Valley Green Naturals (there are multiple scents). It has radish root ferment (I'm assuming this is a probiotic of some sort) and it actually is effective. I'm still keeping a bottle of it in my purse as a precaution to the dreaded pit "funk" that might scare my employees away but so far, so good. I'm going to look and see if there are any others that contain "enzymes" as opposed to the coconut, baking soda, naturals mineral varieties that don't seem to be effective. I'll report back if I find any others but currently, I'm happy with the Pit-Pourri.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

roerhin wrote:I have been trying multiple aluminum-free/natural deodorants for years and all have seemed to be pretty ineffective except one I recently found... It's Pit Pourri Enzyme Deodorant by Valley Green Naturals (there are multiple scents). It has radish root ferment (I'm assuming this is a probiotic of some sort) and it actually is effective. I'm still keeping a bottle of it in my purse as a precaution to the dreaded pit "funk" that might scare my employees away but so far, so good. I'm going to look and see if there are any others that contain "enzymes" as opposed to the coconut, baking soda, naturals mineral varieties that don't seem to be effective. I'll report back if I find any others but currently, I'm happy with the Pit-Pourri.
Sounds interesting, roerhin. Do you order it, or can it be found in stores?
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.