Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by Jan »

laurie wrote:Regarding nonstick pan by Zwilling/Henkel If you want to be super safe only buy stainless steel, copper, cast iron, or enamel. However nonstick is really nice. Thermolon is the coating my husband says is stable. I will ask him about the coating PTFE PFOA Jan mentioned. I had trouble finding the pan I bought. It is really sad there are so many unsafe materials used in cookware. At the moment I can't find the pan on the web.
PTFE and PFOA - free
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

Update on nonstick pan. My husband (the chemist) and I did some research this morning. Here is a link to the pan we bought. Here is an amazon review which provides you with the information. Thermolon and Cereforce are coatings which are safe. PFOA coating has been linked to cancer. Thanks to everyone as I now have a word document with this information.

https://www.everythingkitchens.com/zwil ... 0-201.html

What is the difference between the Zwilling Henckel Spirit Cereforce nonstick coating and the Zwilling Henckel Spirit Thermion nonstick coating?
Answer: From: "In-Depth Product Review: Zwilling J.A. Henckels Spirit Thermolon Ceramic Nonstick Tri-Ply Clad Pans (also known as Sol CeraForce)" on centurylife.org:
In the 2000s, many people started to avoid PTFE nonstick pans because of the above problems, and because manufacturing PFOA (used to adhere PTFE to pans) causes pollution problems. Cast iron and carbon steel aren't true substitutes-they are very heavy, take a long time to heat up, prone to rust, can leach metallic flavors into food, and aren't as nonsticky as PTFE. Plus some people don't like the idea of eating off what amounts to baked-on oil, which hasn't received any rigorous scientific scrutiny regarding toxicity.
The real substitute for PTFE nonstick pans is ceramic. In 2007, a Korean company's industrial ceramic was repurposed for use in cookware because the ceramic was resistant to both sticking and high heat. The Korean ceramic was patented as "Thermolon," and Zwilling and other cookware companies started making Thermolon-coated nonstick pans. Then GreenPan bought the Korean company that made Thermolon, so Zwilling's Thermolon ceramic was renamed CeraForce and made in China and Vietnam. To add to the confusion, Zwilling Spirit got a name change to "Zwilling Sol," was made in Vietnam, and was sold by CHEFS Catalog until the CHEFS Catalog company went out of business.
If the above paragraph confused you, just remember this: Thermolon = Ceraforce, and Zwilling Spirit = Zwilling Sol. Thus this review is for both the Zwilling Spirit product line and the Zwilling Sol product line since they are almost identical in construction: a bottom layer of magnetic stainless steel, a middle layer of aluminum alloy, and a top layer (cooking layer) of Thermolon/CeraForce ceramic. The total thickness of all three layers is 3mm as verified by micrometer. That compares favorably to All-Clad's 2.6mm total thickness. see less
By Michael R. on August 28, 2016
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

This is a small study but encouraging to me (as I await word on when my far infrared sauna will be delivered).

Aluminium in human sweat
J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2014 Jan;28(1):87-8.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24239230
Abstract
It is of burgeoning importance that the human body burden of aluminium is understood and is measured. There are surprisingly few data to describe human excretion of systemic aluminium and almost no reliable data which relate to aluminium in sweat. We have measured the aluminium content of sweat in 20 healthy volunteers following mild exercise. The concentration of aluminium ranged from 329 to 5329μg/L. These data equate to a daily excretion of between 234 and 7192μg aluminium and they strongly suggest that perspiration is the major route of excretion of systemic aluminium in humans.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

TheBrain wrote:This is a small study but encouraging to me (as I await word on when my far infrared sauna will be delivered).

Aluminium in human sweat
J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2014 Jan;28(1):87-8.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24239230
Abstract
It is of burgeoning importance that the human body burden of aluminium is understood and is measured. There are surprisingly few data to describe human excretion of systemic aluminium and almost no reliable data which relate to aluminium in sweat. We have measured the aluminium content of sweat in 20 healthy volunteers following mild exercise. The concentration of aluminium ranged from 329 to 5329μg/L. These data equate to a daily excretion of between 234 and 7192μg aluminium and they strongly suggest that perspiration is the major route of excretion of systemic aluminium in humans.
I love it any way to get aluminum out of the body! Enjoy your sweating. Of course silica water is the most effective way.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Laurie & Jan, thanks so much for your cookware suggestions! I'm going to order today. My young adult son was visiting over the holiday and mentioned that his cookware was "flaking." He said the chips made it look as though his food was peppered :shock:. Yikes! I gave him as much of my cookware as his suitcase could handle...
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

There was a mention of Silicade in a post by J11. Silicade is the name my husband gave to a recipe he has developed for making silica water. Making your own silica water is less expensive and more sustainable than buying bottled water. My husband Dennis N Crouse has a PhD in chemistry. The amount of silica in Silicade is 32 mg/per liter of silicon and Fiji water is 36 mg/per liter. Here is a link the recipe. http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke ... m/2017/09/ Here is a link to a video on how to make it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po8IuIXjCME
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
KellyS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KellyS »

I have also been reading Dr. Exley's work as of late regarding aluminum and the brain - it seems as if his work is really making waves in the medical community. What makes me sad is that I have also scanned (I refuse to read them) sites by mainstream medicine peoples who immediately put down Dr. Exley's work as "woo" and (my favorite) "anti-science" simply because they don't like what he had to say. Heavy metal toxicity is a very real and serious issue in our environment and in our health, how could any of it NOT be contributing to cognitive decline? I hope that others follow up on Dr. Exley's work and continue to support him.

As far deodorants, we use clay minerals. It doesn't stop you from sweating (we're supposed to sweat!) but it will prevent that lovely odiferous locker-room smell we all love so much, haha. Am interested in hearing others' recommendations, too.
Holistic Healthcare Practitioner
Functional Medicine Health Coach - Candidate
apoe4.info intern
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Kelly S Thank you so much for this post. It brings my hope meter up. We need to spread the word about Dr. Exley’s work so more people can be informed so we can take action to prevent the aluminum from damaging our bodies and brains. I can’t believe how many processes in our body, aluminum interferes with in a negative way, resulting in death from Alzheimer’s, breast and prostate cancer and cardiovascular disease. Thank goodness for silica as it protects our body from the toxic effects of aluminum. A mother during pregnancy gives up all her silica to the baby. We are exposed to way too much aluminum on a daily basis. I keep finding sources of aluminum. The most unusual one I found recently is chicken at McDonalds. I would have never thought to look at chicken as being made with sodium aluminum phosphate. I shudder to think about how many children eat the chicken McNuggets.

Dr. Exley is getting ready to conduct another study looking at the effect of silica water on the cognition of people with Alzheimer’s. I hope he can secure the funding.

Since learning about the neurotoxic effects, my husband and I have been drinking silica water and have added PQQ 20 mg and taurine 500 mg to the supplements we take. We increased CoQ10 to 200 mg. My husband’s homocysteine level was high so he started taking TMG 500 mg and 5 Methly Folate 400 mcg.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

J11 wrote: circ, I nominate you to try the silicade and do the urine test for aluminum.
We need to all work together.
Oh! I just found it J11! I had lost track of this thread and see I have pages to catch up with. I've gotten my notifications down from 200+ to 184 :roll: Should be interesting when the forum has 10,000+ members!

So what do we need, someone to do a decent urine metals test that includs aluminum before drinking silicade, then again after? Yikes, I think that's hundreds for two urine metal tests? Maybe apoe4.info needs to have a kickstarter campaign to found experiments :idea: :D

Is there an supposed upper limit to silicon ingestion? (Maybe it's later in this thread.)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

circ, you know what I just thought?
I could put all my nominations for you in all sorts of scattered places on the forum and I could wait to see if you find them?
It could be sort of like an Easter Egg hunt!

Yes, doing the silicade aluminum urine test probably would be a good idea. I had used the Eidon silica product and I had had no idea that this was not doing what I thought it was doing. Making sure that silicade actually removed aluminum would be a good thing to double check. The aluminum/metals hypothesis has been gaining ground for quite some time now and it might help if We the People step up and do some of the science. Pharma probably never will.

I am not sure of the price though I am guessing that a urine test for aluminum might not be overly expensive.

When you read through the research with metals you start to become quite worried. All the pieces start to fit together and it is not easy to find a convincing rebuttal. There were virtually no mentions of Alzheimer's in the diaries of those before the 20th Century? Have we truly drifted into a dementia crisis without having any conception of its historical context?

In terms of the upper limit, I suspect that people would have much more to be worried about with aluminum in their brain than with a trace chemical found in bottled water. Silicade is modeled on the dosing of Fiji Water so this has already been clinically tested. One thing that I was wondering about was whether one might be able to use half the water with the same amount of silica?