Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by laurie »

J11 wrote:Laurie welcome!

I have recently encountered online claims that only a certain type of bottled water (e.g. Fiji)
would have the correct chemical properties to have an anti-AD preventative or therapeutic effect.
Apparently other supplements do not make silicic acid (thus, need to buy the bottled water)?
Good if a chemist could comment on such claims.

Any comments on Methylene Blue/LMTX?
Regarding Methylene Blue – I asked my husband – personally he wouldn’t take Methylene Blue because it is not made by the body and there is an alternative. Here are supplements we take that enhance mitochondrial activity – PQQ (20 mg) and CoQ10 (200 mg). Both these chemicals are made by our body. PQQ stimulates the production on new mitochondria while CoQ10 increases the energy production of old and new mitochondria. In a Japanese study it was shown that taken together as daily supplements improves cognition in older people. Aluminum inhibits several enzymes in the Kreb cycle (TCA) resulting in less mitochondrial energy production. Here is the reference.
Nakano M, et al. [Effect of pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) on mental status of middle-aged and elderly persons.] FOOD Style 21. 2009;13(7):50-3. (Article in Japanese; referenced in English-language literature.)
http://functionalfoodscenter.net/files/56592277.pdf
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by J11 »

I guess the problem with using an alternative would be that you could not be sure that it would have the same anti-dementing effect.
MB/LMTX is a "dirty drug" (i.e., it hits many targets). The actual MOA is open to question. There are numerous suggestions for why MB might be effective in AD, though it is entirely possible that the true MOA is downstream of those suggested.

A patient interested in MB for dementia will likely be in the position (in the not too distant future) that firm evidence will be produced that MB/LMTX is an effective anti-dementing agent, though it will not be entirely clear why. For many efficacy will likely be more a more decisive factor than theory: Taking a clean drug that hits its putative target might be ineffective, it could even possibly be dangerous.

Sometimes simply admitting that we do not have all the answers {while benefiting from only partial knowledge} is better than expecting full knowledge {while possibly not benefiting at all}.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

J11 wrote:My best current estimate is that Methylene Blue is a cure for AD.

See the recent comments here :
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2481

Also:
Methylene Blue AD Cure Celebration Thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3890

It was the first synthetic medicine and predates the FDA. I was very freaked out by the idea that it was
an autooxidizer. It seems to be its own electron transport chain. It has a wide range of
possible therapeutic applications: anti-psychosis, anti-depressant, anti-malarial, anti-AD.
Probably a good one to have in almost any medical emergency kit. It was the forerunner of
chlorpromazine which lead to a revolution in anti-psychotics.
http://dose-response.org/wp-content/upl ... z-Lima.pdf

I have already tried a 100 mg dose via the fish aquarium route. Doesn't taste great, blue
pee noted.

Our forum has also been interested in inorganic copper.
I like this reference:
http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/7/12/5513/htm

The suggestion that the dementia epidemic coincides with the Age of Industrial Metal
is as frightening as it is plausible. Apparently when looking back through the diaries of
people from previous eras, there was nowhere near as much dementia as now exists.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1833&hilit=copper

Yes, I was thinking precisely about some of the statements attributed to Dr. Exley.
For example, I have read online that he does not believe any supplement added to
water could be as effective an anti-dementing agent as the three recommended bottled
waters including Fiji Water.

I have the Eidon Ionic Minerals Silica Liquid Concentrate. I am not sure
whether this could be effective. Much of the research I have seen suggests using silica.

This could be easily tested by taking a supplement for a week and doing a before and after
measurement of urinary aluminum levels. Anyone interested?
Regarding Eidon Ionic Minerals - it is not nearly as bioavailable as silica water Here is a table my husband Dennis N Crouse who is a chemist made after testing a variety of silica supplements. I hope I do this right.
table for silica supplements.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Thank you!
http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke.blogspot.ca/

Is this the one?
http://shop.chemicalstore.com/navigatio ... ID=&id=SSG

Have you checked the anti-aluminum effect of silicade with urine analysis?

We recently bought some fast rise pastry that was loaded with baking soda and sodium aluminum phosphate.
This is just crazy dangerous, we are going to have to toss it. The Alzheimer community should publicly boycott
these products which are known to have potent dementogenic effects. The supplements that add in inorganic
copper are also super nuts, they should also be boycotted.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

J11 wrote:Thank you!
http://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke.blogspot.ca/

Is this the one?
http://shop.chemicalstore.com/navigatio ... ID=&id=SSG

Have you checked the anti-aluminum effect of silicade with urine analysis?

We recently bought some fast rise pastry that was loaded with baking soda and sodium aluminum phosphate.
This is just crazy dangerous, we are going to have to toss it. The Alzheimer community should publicly boycott
these products which are known to have potent dementogenic effects. The supplements that add in inorganic
copper are also super nuts, they should also be boycotted.
Yes you have the correct sodium silicate. No we have not tested the effect of silicade with a urine analysis for aluminum. There are so many sources of aluminum in our daily lives, some more surprising than others. Baking powder has a high level of aluminum. Even baking powders that say aluminum free have aluminum in them (my husband has tested them). My husband suspects the aluminum comes from impurities in the ingredients they are using. It is easy to make your own baking powder with cream of tartar. "Muffins and other baked goods made with aluminum containing baking powder are beyond TOXIC for your brain!!!! For instance I have unknowingly been preparing pumpkin muffins with 20 mg of aluminum per muffin. My delicious pumpkin muffin when made with baking powder containing aluminum has 200 times higher aluminum levels than the safe aluminum level in a quart of drinking water. "
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

Laurie, I'm so glad to see this information on aluminum. Thank you for posting! Just curious if you are familiar with Dr. Dale Bredesen's protocol for reversing Alzheimer's, and if your mother-in-law has implemented any of Dr. Bredesen's suggestions as well? (The End of Alzheimer's: the First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline) Many on the site follow Dr. Bredesen's ReCODE protocol.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

Thank you very much for the link!
I would never have realized that Eidon Silica was not bioavailable.

circ, I nominate you to try the silicade and do the urine test for aluminum.
We need to all work together.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jan wrote:Laurie, I'm so glad to see this information on aluminum. Thank you for posting! Just curious if you are familiar with Dr. Dale Bredesen's protocol for reversing Alzheimer's, and if your mother-in-law has implemented any of Dr. Bredesen's suggestions as well? (The End of Alzheimer's: the First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline) Many on the site follow Dr. Bredesen's ReCODE protocol.
Jan, Yes I am familiar with Dr. Bredesen's protocol. Currently my mother in law is taking all the supplements in his protocol. She doesn't use the plant extracts as she only takes supplements which are made by the body. She has been taking supplements for many years so she was already taking Vit D, CoQ10, B12 before we noticed symptoms.
PQQ, K2 and Taurine were added when the Alzheimer's was affecting her daily living skills which was about 6 years ago. She doesn't take MTHF as she has been unwilling to have her homocysteine checked.
She does not eat a plant based diet.
She drinks Fiji water on a daily basis (about 24 ounces) which is not part of Dr. Bredensen's protocol. She has also has tried to eliminate aluminum from her diet.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

J11 wrote:Thank you very much for the link!
I would never have realized that Eidon Silica was not bioavailable.

circ, I nominate you to try the silicade and do the urine test for aluminum.
We need to all work together.
I am glad the information on Eidon Silica was helpful.

We have been drinking the "silicade" for a while and we could do a urine test as my husband does test for aluminum however I am not sure what it would tell us as I am unwilling to ingest aluminum to see how much I excrete. I am more than willing to "work together" but not on this one. You may want to look at these studies by Dr. Exley and Dr. Davenward
37. Exley, C., at. al.; Non-invasive therapy to reduce the body burden of aluminum in Alzheimer’s disease; J. Alzheimer’s Dis.; Sept., 10(1):17-24 (2006)
38. Davenward, S., et al.; Silicon-rich mineral water as a non-invasive test of the ‘aluminum hypothesis’ in Alzheimer’s disease; J. Alzheimer’s Dis.; 33(2):423-30 (2013)
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
anne from california
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anne from california »

I'm looking for some new cookware and would like to avoid aluminum completely. I'd also like nonstick, at least in a saute pan, and for saucepans, something that's not going to leech metals or other harmful ingredients or be so heavy I can't carry it. Any recommendations? I looked at GreenPan because it's what seems to come up first when googling "safest cookware," but it's aluminum beneath the ceramic nonstick coating.
60 years old, ApoE 3/3, mother and grandmother have/had late-onset dementia, eager to save brain and optimize health.
Thank you all for sharing your knowledge!