Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by J11 »

Hmm, I had not thought of it like that.

I was not nominating circ in order to avoid dangerous exposure to aluminum, I was thinking more of avoiding the financial risk of the urine testing. :lol:

I had to look around for a non-paywalled version of this article (Why is JAD one of the few journals that doesn't open access after a year? This article is almost 5 years old and still paywalled!)
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ed93/2 ... 3cf366.pdf

My idea with the urine testing would be to follow the plan of the above article.
It is not necessary to dose people up on aluminum, most on the forum by using aluminum foil, pots and pans and eating muffins etc. are probably already highly dosed up. All we want is for someone who is Silicade naive to take a pre-drink aluminum urine test, drink 1 liter per day of Silicade for a week or two and then do another aluminum urine test, just like in Table 1 of the url above. Strangely 1 of the patients in the trial above actually saw their Al urine levels decline after starting up on the silica water.

Basically the idea here is that we want to confirm that Silicade is doing what we think it should be doing (namely, leeching out aluminum from the body (and hopefully the brain). If we see that then we can all raise our glasses in a toast to Silicade.

Funnily enough the research finds that Aluminum, tau and copper all link up.
PMID: 23574527
PMID: 23261179

So, an LMTX, Silicade, copper deletion trial might be in the cards.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aluminum as a causal factor of Alzheimer's - Introduction of myself to the community

Post by J11 »

anne, yes I think some Alzheimer organization (possibly even us) should step forward with some sort of realistic solution to the pots and pans issue. Another site showed what happens when you cook food with aluminum foil; it was scary! The aluminum foil shredded onto the food and left a substantial amount of metal contamination on the food. In one of the above posts there is mention of large amounts of sodium aluminum phosphate from certain foods (e.g., muffins). It is troubling how much aluminum there is out there in certain foods and how little awareness there appears to be in the general public of how dangerous this is.

In typical discussions, this might be thought of as paranoia, though the evidence has been accumulating for many years now.
For example, this is another article that is showing the risk: PMID:28159219 .

Drinking Silicade as well as becoming more aware and reducing aluminum and more generally metals exposure makes a great deal of sense.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

J11 wrote:Hmm, I had not thought of it like that.

I was not nominating circ in order to avoid dangerous exposure to aluminum, I was thinking more of avoiding the financial risk of the urine testing. :lol:

I had to look around for a non-paywalled version of this article (Why is JAD one of the few journals that doesn't open access after a year? This article is almost 5 years old and still paywalled!)
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ed93/2 ... 3cf366.pdf

My idea with the urine testing would be to follow the plan of the above article.
It is not necessary to dose people up on aluminum, most on the forum by using aluminum foil, pots and pans and eating muffins etc. are probably already highly dosed up. All we want is for someone who is Silicade naive to take a pre-drink aluminum urine test, drink 1 liter per day of Silicade for a week or two and then do another aluminum urine test, just like in Table 1 of the url above. Strangely 1 of the patients in the trial above actually saw their Al urine levels decline after starting up on the silica water.

Basically the idea here is that we want to confirm that Silicade is doing what we think it should be doing (namely, leeching out aluminum from the body (and hopefully the brain). If we see that then we can all raise our glasses in a toast to Silicade.

Funnily enough the research finds that Aluminum, tau and copper all link up.
PMID: 23574527
PMID: 23261179

So, an LMTX, Silicade, copper deletion trial might be in the cards.
It is sometimes tricky to understand what people are saying when you don't have nonverbal cues or the ability to ask clarifying question so thank you for clarifying your request. Yes there are more studies which could be conducted regarding the efficacy of dissolved silica to remove aluminum from our bodies. You could help the researchers design the study. You might be interested in a study by Edwardson and a study by Carlisle. Edwardson demonstrated that aluminum peaked in urine after an hour and then falls away. If I can provide you with any more information or references please let me know. I am convinced that dissolved silica will be one of the heroes/heroines in the fight against Alzheimer's. What has convinced me is my husbands reading of the scientific literature. He is a skeptic and it takes a lot to convince him of just about anything. I also have anecdotal information about silica and Alzheimer's. My mother in laws cognition improved when we were able to get her on a daily intake of silica water. We did this by having them make their coffee and tea with Fiji water. There have been a few times when we have noticed a change in her cognition and sure enough they had stopped using the Fiji water. We now have it delivered to their door on a regular basis. Dr. Chris Exley (Keeele University UK) will be conducting a study soon looking at the effect of silica water on the cognition of people with Alzheimer's. My husband said Davenward, Edwardson, and Carlisle's research is what convinced him.

51. Edwardson, J.A., et al.; Effect of silicon on gastrointestinal absorption of aluminum; The Lancet; 342(8865):211-12 (1993)
455. Carlisle, E.M., and Curran, M.J.; Effect of dietary silicon and aluminum on silicon and aluminum levels in rat brain; Alzheimer Dis. Assoc. Disord.; 1(2):83-9 (1987)
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

J11 wrote:anne, yes I think some Alzheimer organization (possibly even us) should step forward with some sort of realistic solution to the pots and pans issue. Another site showed what happens when you cook food with aluminum foil; it was scary! The aluminum foil shredded onto the food and left a substantial amount of metal contamination on the food. In one of the above posts there is mention of large amounts of sodium aluminum phosphate from certain foods (e.g., muffins). It is troubling how much aluminum there is out there in certain foods and how little awareness there appears to be in the general public of how dangerous this is.

In typical discussions, this might be thought of as paranoia, though the evidence has been accumulating for many years now.
For example, this is another article that is showing the risk: PMID:28159219 .

Drinking Silicade as well as becoming more aware and reducing aluminum and more generally metals exposure makes a great deal of sense.
J11 Thank you so much for this post! I live in the United States and the Alzheimer's organization continues to have Myth 4 on their website despite the very strong evidence linking aluminum to Alzheimer's. I have my own theory as to why they continue to have this statement as they could just not mention it at all. The study you mention above by Dr. Exley is one of the major pieces of evidence. In addition the 7 largest epidemiology studies looking at the concentration of aluminum in drinking water and the risk of Alzheimer's is the convincing data. “The positive relationship between aluminum in drinking-water and AD … cannot be totally dismissed”. Based upon this epidemiological data the World Health Organization recommended a maximum of 100mcg/liter of aluminum in drinking water in 1998 and 2003. "

WHO – Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives – Summary Report, July 4, 2011
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
sarahb12
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by sarahb12 »

Weird about the Fiji water. This is why. I have a theory of listen to the kids about taste - their senses and nose are most sensitive..

I was the only kid that wouldn't drink strawberry Shasta as a kid b/c it taste like plastic. My mother thought I was crazy until a few years later they discovered that ingredients in plastic were in it. Also, I wouldn't use plastic containers years before they discovered BPA. I used glass. My theory was if you can taste it in the water, molecules were there.

Well, so, my son will only drink Fiji brand water. He says the others taste like detergent.
E3/E4
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

sarahb12 wrote:Weird about the Fiji water. This is why. I have a theory of listen to the kids about taste - their senses and nose are most sensitive..

I was the only kid that wouldn't drink strawberry Shasta as a kid b/c it taste like plastic. My mother thought I was crazy until a few years later they discovered that ingredients in plastic were in it. Also, I wouldn't use plastic containers years before they discovered BPA. I used glass. My theory was if you can taste it in the water, molecules were there.

Well, so, my son will only drink Fiji brand water. He says the others taste like detergent.
Sarah, are you familiar with Beth Lambert, Patricia S. Lemer and the site Epidemic Answers? https://epidemicanswers.org

Beth's book is A Compromised Generation: the Epidemic of Chronic Illness in America's Children. Patty's is Outsmarting Autism: the Ultimate Guide to Management, Healing and Prevention.

Listening to the kids is exactly what they do. Amazing what children "know" when we pay very close attention.

(I've recently completed their health coaching program.)
Last edited by Jan on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrc cfnc fmchc
IFM/Bredesen Reversing Cognitive Decline training 2017
E2/E2
What is, is. What is, can be changed.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Jan thanks for the information about Beth Lambert's book I am going to take a look at it and there website. Autism is also on the rise. It looks like there is getting to be strong evidence that aluminum is involved with autism also. A paper which will be published in March on this year gives results of autopsies of brains of people with autism. The amount of aluminum in one brain was the highest they have ever seen. Even higher levels than what has been found in brains of people with Alzheimer's. Here is a link to the paper. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 2X17308763
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

anne from california wrote:I'm looking for some new cookware and would like to avoid aluminum completely. I'd also like nonstick, at least in a saute pan, and for saucepans, something that's not going to leech metals or other harmful ingredients or be so heavy I can't carry it. Any recommendations? I looked at GreenPan because it's what seems to come up first when googling "safest cookware," but it's aluminum beneath the ceramic nonstick coating.
Anne, I found fry pans made by Zwilling/Henkel that has thermolon as the coating over a stainless steel pan. ( one is called Spirit 8 inch thermolon fry pan) My husband who is a chemist says thermolon is a stable coating. I do find I have to be careful when cooking as the food browns quicker and more than I would like.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

We have the Zwilling Henckels set of cookware, and I absolutely love them. We use low heat on everything (Red Seal Chef ChristinaA recommended a lower heat in baking in a recent thread), and they are a dream to clean. Plus, they're very pretty.
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2
Jan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jan »

laurie wrote:...Beth Lambert's book ... Autism is also on the rise. It looks like there is getting to be strong evidence that aluminum is involved with autism also.
Both books have several references to aluminum, several with particular studies referenced. The second author is Patricia S. Lemer. (I need to edit my former entry, I was writing from memory and had her last name wrong.)
mrc cfnc fmchc
E2/E2