Sources of Aluminum in our daily lives, safer alternatives, words to look for on labels

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Scaredstiff1223
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sources of Aluminum in our daily lives, safer alternatives, words to look for on labels

Post by Scaredstiff1223 »

Thank you for all your research! I was just wondering how you add silica to your Brita water filter containers. Do you add Fiji water to it? If so, what percentage of the silica water do you add?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Sources of Aluminum in our daily lives, safer alternatives, words to look for on labels

Post by circular »

laurie wrote:He is going to buy one of their mugs and test it.
Is he also going to test some "commodity" mugs out there for comparison? Just curious. Might be nice to compare.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Scaredstiff1223 wrote:Thank you for all your research! I was just wondering how you add silica to your Brita water filter containers. Do you add Fiji water to it? If so, what percentage of the silica water do you add?
You are welcome. My husband and I make a good team! We use the Brita filter to filter our tap water. You don't need to filter the Fiji water. We also use the Brita Filter for making our own silica water. My husband is a chemist and he developed a recipe for making silica water. He named the silica water we make 'Silicade'.

If you are interested in drinking Fiji water or a water high in silica it is recommended you drink 4 cups a day spread out during the day. Drinking before you exercise will help you sweat out more aluminum. My husband and I drink our silica water with meals so we remember to do it.
Last edited by laurie on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:
laurie wrote:He is going to buy one of their mugs and test it.
Is he also going to test some "commodity" mugs out there for comparison? Just curious. Might be nice to compare.
You think like a scientist circular. Yes he is going to test a few of the mugs we have already. He will see what the results are and decide if he needs to or wants to do further testing. This may end of costing me money as I fell in love with one of plates the HF coors company makes.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

laurie wrote:
circular wrote:
laurie wrote:This may end of costing me money as I fell in love with one of plates the HF coors company makes.
:lol: How does one pick!?!?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

laurie wrote: Yes he is going to test a few of the mugs we have already. He will see what the results are and decide if he needs to or wants to do further testing.
How are these plans coming? No pressure, just curious :)
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

circular wrote:
laurie wrote: Yes he is going to test a few of the mugs we have already. He will see what the results are and decide if he needs to or wants to do further testing.
I looked into buying one of the mugs from HF Coors the price was way too high - the shipping is ridiculous. I tried to find a used one for less money and couldn't find any. Dennis will eventually check some ceramic mugs as this is what we drink out of daily.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Here is a new list of daily sources of aluminum which lists the amount of aluminum. [img]
Appendix%20-%20Daily%20sources%20of%20aluminum.pdf
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

laurie wrote:
circular wrote:
I looked into buying one of the mugs from HF Coors the price was way too high - the shipping is ridiculous. I tried to find a used one for less money and couldn't find any. Dennis will eventually check some ceramic mugs as this is what we drink out of daily.
Ah, I had not thought about the cost, since I can travel there and get steep discounts. Let me see what I can do about some cheaper item heavily discounted that I might be able to send you. A problem is that anything cheap is usually a commodity and more likely to have issues. But not always. I scanned some articles about metals in ceramics. I think the gist was that when heavy metal contamination became a known concern, major retail outlets didn't want to get bad PR from being found to be selling these contaminated items, so they tend to use suppliers that pass certain snuff sensors. More 'primitive' pottery from other countries is of higher concern, generally speaking, but still, so is pottery from other countries generally. It seems that at least with lead and cadmium the man issue is whether glazes are safe. The protective layer of the glaze can be compromised by the heat of a dishwasher and microwave. White dishes are must less if at all likely to contain lead, which was somewhat reassuring to me, since my dishes are all white. They're from a major retailer but not particularly high quality. The price of H.F. Coors is due to their quality. I've never handled any kind of ceramic that feels like theirs.

I have a rather large eclectic collection of cheap mugs from all over. I went through them and most were made in China or not labeled as to where they were made at all. Since they're just souvenir type mugs they are probably from a commodity type supplier. I now don't trust any of them. I ended up buying one (expensive) Bodum borosilicate glass mug and just clean it before reuse. (If I can find more on sale some day I may make it a set of 4.) ... Ha! glass mug and the issue is gone, at least for the mug part of my 'crockery'! I've ended up really enjoying seeing the different colors of my coffee and teas through the walls of the glass mug.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Circular, Glad to see you found a solution to the ceramic mugs - Glass - perfect. My husband still plans on testing some ceramic coffee mugs as we use them all the time. I will let you know when we have the results.
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse