HBA1c, what is ideal

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: HBA1c, what is ideal

Post by chrissyr »

thanks Searcher!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

chrissyr wrote:I like the therapy ball idea and love doing downward dog anyway, Circular thanks! I tried typing this over the ball but that didn't work out. :) A few minutes of meditation (or really just spacing out) there, the thing I keep meaning to work in
I so miss downward dog. Now typing while being draped over the ball ... that’s my kind of kookiness! :lol: Yep, I tend to go the flash meditation route ;)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Orangeblossom
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Orangeblossom »

chrissyr wrote:thanks Searcher!
Hi Chrissy,

Here is an article on electrolytes and ketogenic diet hope that helps too. I use a kind of sea salt and low salt which has potassium in. https://ketogenic.com/overview/importan ... enic-diet/
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by chrissyr »

That does help! I have to train myself to enjoy salt liberally! :)
Stefan
Contributor
Contributor

how do you keep your hba1c values low?

Post by Stefan »

Hi everybody
as a 73 y old apoe4/3 carrier i try to keep my hba1c optimal, ie smaller than the 5.6 prescribed by the ReCode Protocol. I eat a low carb diet and 3/4 of the time stick to a 16/8 intermittent fasting. But my values do not drop, they rose slightly in the last 3 year from 5.7 to 5.8. I could not find paper on hba1c data of Aoe4 carrierrs. What is your experience with trying to keep hba1c low?
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

What is your experience with trying to keep hba1c low?
When is your window of eating? If it's later in the day, it may be worth shifting it to earlier. Glucose sensitivity gets a lot worse later in the day due to our circadian system. Eating at 8 am is much better for you than 8 pm. None of us should be skipping breakfast. We should be skipping dinner!

There's a lot of information out there right now, but here's one study:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29195759
Adding a second source here, a meta analysis:
Breakfast skipping is associated with a significantly increased risk of T2D. Regular breakfast consumption is potentially important for the prevention of T2D.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25686619
Last edited by Plumster on Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: how do you keep your hba1c values low?

Post by TheresaB »

Stefan wrote:Hi everybody
as a 73 y old apoe4/3 carrier i try to keep my hba1c optimal, ie smaller than the 5.6 prescribed by the ReCode Protocol. I eat a low carb diet and 3/4 of the time stick to a 16/8 intermittent fasting. But my values do not drop, they rose slightly in the last 3 year from 5.7 to 5.8. I could not find paper on hba1c data of Aoe4 carrierrs. What is your experience with trying to keep hba1c low?
Stefan,
You eat low carb, but what's your protein intake? Excess protein can convert to glucose. There are many factors that go into blood glucose levels, they are discussed in our wiki on blood sugar. Blood Sugar
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4