Clear Path Wellness Center

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Linda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Linda »

I'm wondering if any of you have taken any of the classes at The Clear Path Wellness Center (Laurie Goldman) in Arlington Heights, IL. They have a Bredesen Protocol Program. I was told that Laurie Goldman is a psychiatrist and recently learned that she is APOE 3/4, so is committed to keeping up with the latest APOE4 information. Has anyone here checked this place out? Thanks for your feedback!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Clear Path Wellness Center

Post by Julie G »

No, but I'd love to hear more! Please share anything that you learn, Linda.
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Ditto... I live nearby.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"
Suepi
New User
New User

Post by Suepi »

Last week I had my first (and last) consultation at Dr Laurie Goldman's Clear Path Wellness Center. I have very good health insurance but they wouldn't tell me ahead of my appointment if they accept insurance for their Bredesen Protocol Program (beside labs). They required a $97 payment upfront, and the hour "consultation" with their non-medical Patient Coordinator was a general description of their program. At the end of our conversation I was told that their package deal was paid out-of-pocket and was $9,800 for a year (labwork could be covered by insurance). If I just wanted to have the labs and initial assessment the cost would be $3,400. Their program sounds good with the labs, coaching, supplements provided, and doctor visits if that's what you need and you can afford the price. I found the Patient Coordinator somewhat condescending (although nice) -- no, I don't need to ask my spouse about my involvement in the program and expense. I am disappointed that I paid $97 for basically a sales pitch.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

Wow Suepi... I can certainly understand your surprise and disappointment. The costs can be monumental and many - perhaps most of the physicians involved in the Bredesen protocol - do charge out-of-pocket, because the time and resources involved are extensive. It would have been nice if you had known this up front. I hope you continue to keep looking and find a practitioner that is more in line with your expectation. Prices vary somewhat between practitioners.. the important component is finding a practitioner who follows the Bredesen protocol. The apoe4.info website is a great place to get started, see our Primer, and there are many steps you can implement on your own such as nutrition, exercise, meditation and stress management. Wishing you the very best!
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
Suepi
New User
New User

Post by Suepi »

I understand that individualized care can be costly and I don't fault Clear Path for that. Another functional medicine doctor in our vicinity has a very concise explanation on their website of their membership plan and billing policy. They request that you review their billing before asking for an appointment. That's a smart policy.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Very true, Suepi. Wish more doctors were clear about their plans and billing.
Schnooks
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Schnooks »

Did you ever find a doc in Chicago area ?