Exercise with Minimal Impact

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Karengo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Exercise with Minimal Impact

Post by Karengo »

Hello & Welcome to you, Brain4ever! I love the intention of your name. Thanks for posting here about aquatic fitness. I'm curious are you a swimmer? Or perhaps you prefer water aerobics to work out? I love to swim! For me it's as much about being in the water - I find it very calming and meditative and feel at home - as it is about the movement and fitness benefits. I have a feeling you know what I'm talking about :) And I also enjoy swimming in a Masters group where we connect and inspire each other to keep on swimming. Just like this site is a place where we can connect, inspire and support each other to keep going.

Looks like Sara pointed you to the primer created by our physician member. Stavia. It's a rich resource. If you are looking for discussions on particular topics, you can use the Wiki tool which you can find at top right of page where there are 3 vertical dots.

Please feel free to join in any of the discussion threads and to ask any questions you may have. Between us we have accumulated a lot of knowledge and experience and sometimes it just feels great to know we're not alone. If you feel like it, I invite you to tell us about yourself and share your story here OurStories We're happy you found this community :)
~Karengo
ApoE4 Support Team
FMCA certified Health Coach
"For whatever we lose like a you or a me, it's always ourselves we find in the sea"