Mercury Amalgams, Antibiotic Resistance and Radiofrequency Radiation

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Mercury Amalgams, Antibiotic Resistance and Radiofrequency Radiation

Post by circular »

Tiny (n=10) lab study here, but it may be enough for my to have my one, tiny mercury filling removed.

Effect of radiofrequency radiation from Wi-Fi devices on mercury release from amalgam restorations
The mean (±SD) concentration of mercury in the artificial saliva of the Wi-Fi exposed teeth samples was 0.056 ± .025 mg/L, while it was only 0.026 ± .008 mg/L in the non-exposed control samples. This difference was statistically significant (P =0.009).
Can anyone interpret how statistically significant this is? Am I correct to say more than twice the mercury released in the presence of radiofrequency radiation?

Next up is Evaluation of the Effect of Radiofrequency Radiation Emitted From Wi-Fi Router and Mobile Phone Simulator on the Antibacterial Susceptibility of Pathogenic Bacteria Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli.
It is also shown that exposure to RF-EMFs within a narrow level of irradiation (an exposure window) makes microorganisms resistant to antibiotics. This adaptive phenomenon and its potential threats to human health should be further investigated in future experiments. Altogether, the findings of this study showed that exposure to Wi-Fi and RF simulator radiation can significantly alter the inhibition zone diameters and growth rate for L monocytogenes and E coli. These findings may have implications for the management of serious infectious diseases.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mercury Amalgams, Antibiotic Resistance and Radiofrequency Radiation

Post by Stavia »

Sample size far too small to prove significance. Needs bigger studies, well randomised.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Agree wholeheartedly, but may not wait for the data. Don’t want to look back wishing I hadn’t ;)
Searcher
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Searcher »

circular wrote:
The mean (±SD) concentration of mercury in the artificial saliva of the Wi-Fi exposed teeth samples was 0.056 ± .025 mg/L, while it was only 0.026 ± .008 mg/L in the non-exposed control samples.
Can anyone interpret how statistically significant this is? Am I correct to say more than twice the mercury released in the presence of radiofrequency radiation?

Circular, the normal 95% confidence interval around a sample mean is 1.96 times SD (standard deviation). This means that if you repeated the sampling 100 times, you'd find a value outside the confidence interval only 5 times in 100.

In the case you quoted, the mean (+/-SD) is given as 0.056 (+/-0.025). The 95% confidence interval would be 0.056 (+/-0.049).

So, more than 5 times in 100 samples, the Wi-Fi exposed samples would show a LOWER mercury concentration than the non-exposed control samples.

In other words, the information you quoted does not establish any real difference between the samples (exposed vs control). The answer to your second question is: You are incorrect to say what you said.

Hope that helps.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Thanks Searcher! It will be a while before I can do this in my sleep!