"Fake Supplements" on sale by Amazon and other retailers?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

"Fake Supplements" on sale by Amazon and other retailers?

Post by slacker »

Interesting blog from Dr Jill Carnahan:

https://www.jillcarnahan.com/2018/02/17 ... 899eead678

Buyer beware...
Slacker
E4/E4
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: "Fake Supplements" on sale by Amazon and other retailers?

Post by NancyM »

I was concerned about this awhile back so I contacted Thorne Research directly to ask if they trusted their products which are sold by Amazon. They informed me that they supply products to Amazon through Iserve and therefore I could trust any of their products as long as Amazon has Iserve listed as the seller. Iserve also supplies Pure Encapsulations products to Amazon so I'm assuming those products can also be trusted.
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "Fake Supplements" on sale by Amazon and other retailers?

Post by TheBrain »

I recently bought Integrative Therapeutics’ Theracurmin HP from Amazon.com. I just checked Integratve Therapeutics’ official web site. As a patient, I can’t buy Theracumin HP from their site. I would need to ask my healthcare practitioner to stock it for me. I guess I won’t know how successful I’d be without trying.

The seller for this product at Amazon.com is iServ. They have good reviews, but I do question companies who sell supplements that are meant to be sold only through healthcare practitioners.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!