need help understanding cholesterol blood work

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
GritMom
Contributor
Contributor

need help understanding cholesterol blood work

Post by GritMom »

Hi, all. I am trying to understand some recent bloodwork. I wonder if anyone here can help? The lab, for reasons I cannot understand, failed to indicate my gender and age in the test results. Everything says, "normal". Maybe it is for a 20 year old female. Maybe it is for a 60 year old female, too. I take no meds at all. I am very active. (Have not had genetic testing done, yet.)
I have nothing to compare these results to, as I have not had lipid profile bloodwork in....30 years, maybe?

Thanks,

Ro
lipid panel.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: need help understanding cholesterol blood work

Post by Stavia »

Hi Gritmom.
There is no difference in "normal" ranges for lipids according to age in adults. The laboratory adult targets ate the same irrespective of age. Children have different ranges.
Your results are normal and not a concern.
Specifically, your HDL is very good and your triglycerides are very low. That's the most accurate indicator of heart disease risk by using the lipid panel. The target is a 1:1 ratio of trigs:hdl. Yours is exceptional at 1:2. I'm jealous.
GritMom
Contributor
Contributor

Re: need help understanding cholesterol blood work

Post by GritMom »

Thank you!