Questions?!

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
KellyS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Questions?!

Post by KellyS »

Hi, LauraLeaBrewer,

Magnesium is a great suggestion for those muscle cramps! We do mag glycinate here in my home, as well as a wonderful Epsom salt/baking soda bath or magnesium chloride flakes for those nights when a girl just wants to relax! For NCJLHP, there are also some excellent topical magnesium chloride sprays as well, I know a few folks who added that to their routine because they didn't want to take more tablets! Can't say that I blame them, for sure!

CAngelS, Deanna Minich is a wonderful IFM-certified nutritionist who just wrote a small blurb on the ketogenic diet, how it may not be for everyone, and she delves in to the ins and outs of the diet. There may be some information here for you to utilize? Here is it for your reading pleasure:
http://deannaminich.com/four-potential- ... enic-diet/

Take care!
Kelly S
Holistic Healthcare Practitioner
Functional Medicine Health Coach - Candidate
apoe4.info intern
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I just updated above the potassium magnesium aspartate I take, brand and amount. I don't know if it's the aspartate form that's key, or the ratio or the placebo effect ??? I think ratios may be important in electrolytes ??? I do have to take three a day, and occassionally mild cramps will wake me up, but not severe and much, much less often, probably when I drop low in sodium. I also eat green banana fairly regularly (potassium), usually about half at a time, but I can even eat a whole one and still be in ketosis the next afternoon.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Brainstorming
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Brainstorming »

KellyS wrote:Hi, LauraLeaBrewer,

Magnesium is a great suggestion for those muscle cramps! We do mag glycinate here in my home, as well as a wonderful Epsom salt/baking soda bath or magnesium chloride flakes for those nights when a girl just wants to relax! For NCJLHP, there are also some excellent topical magnesium chloride sprays as well, I know a few folks who added that to their routine because they didn't want to take more tablets! Can't say that I blame them, for sure!

CAngelS, Deanna Minich is a wonderful IFM-certified nutritionist who just wrote a small blurb on the ketogenic diet, how it may not be for everyone, and she delves in to the ins and outs of the diet. There may be some information here for you to utilize? Here is it for your reading pleasure:
http://deannaminich.com/four-potential- ... enic-diet/

Take care!
Kelly S
Thanks Kelly - interesting article. My partner is just embarking on a keto diet but I’m not there yet! (And I’m the 4/4 in the family!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk